cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cnseref
Adept I

Re: Dell G5 SE - annoying BIOS and Driver Support - AT SUPERB LEVELS

This laptop has great hardware. 5600m and 4000 series cpus are really good. And if this laptop cannot perform well enough, the only reason is that Dell doesn’t do what it should and does NOT provide software support. I bought this laptop- what is done is done. But when I have the option I will never choose Dell over any other manufacturer.
There is some marketing ruse going around because this laptop is really cheap compared to other laptops and it has a great potential. Probably because of that there are some hidden motives for Dell being d*ick heads and simply neglective.

MartMart
Journeyman III

This is a great AMD laptop but I can't help but think that Dell tried to make it fail - the latest BIOS update has reduced performance and the Alienware software is a joke.

I will not be buying or recommending Dell again until these issues are fixed.

Raghav
Journeyman III

Its really irritating to have such a good hardware that cannot perform good due to some silly BIOS and Drivers for this laptop. AMD if you are reading this then please provide some support for the ones  who trusted you and brought the Dell G5 SE. If you guys can create a good BIOS version for this laptop that makes the Smart Acess Memory works then that would be awesome. Or if you can insist Dell tio bring out a better BIOS for this laptop. I own the Ryzen 7 varient and its really funny that due to SmartSwift the cheaper Ryzen 5 performs better in games. I mean seriously man, I literraly paid more for less performance.

hopndude
Adept I

In case I can't make this post here, I'll use it as a reply.

/r/AMD - Begging of AMD community to see and be aware of potential issues raised about by Dell. 

hopndude
Adept I

Moved my post to /r/AMDLaptops as it seemed more fitting for that audience.

Reddit - /r/AMDLaptops - My Benchmarks Before and After BIOS v1.7.0 messed something up that can't b... 

ayanrath
Journeyman III

WE REALLY NEED BIOS 1.7 FIXED AND SMART ACCESS MEMEMORY

WE PAID FOR THIS LAPTOP AND IT'S FAIR FOR US TO ASK FOR SOFTWARE SUPPORT 

s4mple
Journeyman III

It is absurd that we have to ask AMD for support. DELL should be the one that needs to provide support.

DonnieDoom
Journeyman III

Best advice on this model, clean install windows 11, windows updates, using service tag on Dell website, under windows 11, this pc, download every one and install one at a time. Do the bios updates. I run games on ultra if I want to. The only thing on mine is that the CPU stays around 90 Celsius all of the time while playing games, even though it's only 40% usage. But I'll be replacing thermal paste tomorrow, one way or another. The high performance from Alienware, let's the CPU hit that high GHz! Don't hate. Lol. Then install Radeon software, auto detect. I read on here to install the one for this laptop first, but that's for windows 10 and I think auto detect will know.  I use to get errors with Radeon a lot, but I submitted bug reports on detailed information. I think they fixed it.

0 Likes