Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tanja_xoxo
Journeyman III

Delete software but keep the driver

Hello,

AMD does not offer to download just the driver for me graphics card, so I had to install Adrenaline2020/AMD Radeon Software to update my driver. When I try to uninstall AMD Radeon Software afterwards it threatens to uninstall the drivers, too.

So how do I remove AMD Radeon Software, but keep the installed drivers?

1 Solution

Okay so if you have the folder the AMD driver installed to still that is good. If not extract the driver again. Uninstall the AMD driver. Now don't use the AMD installer. Use device manager to update the driver. Point it to the AMD folder and it will install the driver only. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Okay so if you have the folder the AMD driver installed to still that is good. If not extract the driver again. Uninstall the AMD driver. Now don't use the AMD installer. Use device manager to update the driver. Point it to the AMD folder and it will install the driver only. 

0 Likes
tanja_xoxo
Journeyman III

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly. ♥

0 Likes

You are very welcome. Until a couple years back you could install just the driver from the AMD installer. This IMHO should still be an option. You used to be able to download a much smaller driver only package as well.