cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

'Default radeon wattman settings restored.....' after normal pc restart.

Hello there, 

Last night i just turned off my pc and went to sleep. Today in the morning i wake up, turn on my pc, takes more than normal time to boot up and after logging into windows i encounter this notification- "default wattman settings have been restored". But problem is, I never touched the wattman settings and my pc did not show any signs of trouble last night so I can't figure out why this happened. Would really appreciate if someone would help me in this matter.

My PC config:

Intel G4560 @ 3.5GHz

Gigabyte RX560 4GB GDDR5

RAM 8 GB corsair vengeance

Antec psu @ 500 Watts

Toshiba 1tb HDD

0 Likes
1 Solution

No graphics errors, a few windows updates/defender errors.

https://www.tenforums.com/ can help with those if you want. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

9 Replies

It's generic message, usually means a problem happened.

Maybe if you shut down with a prog/app running that was using it ?

Some basic places to look for errors/warnings,

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No programs were running, I usually turn off every program since windows 10 1803 has this utterly stupid sense of keeping apps open so that u get them on after a pc restart. I just want to know if it is a problem with the card or the software? at idle my gpu is @ 40 degrees and rises to max 70 while gaming, so i wouldn't expect it to be damaged. sould i give u a snap of my diagnostic report? i don't really understand these stuff too well.

0 Likes

Can't hurt to have a look at dxdiag. Attach the saved file.

0 Likes

I have attached the whole stuff. Just a note: Today i updated the driver to 19.3.3 from 19.1.1(the error showed on this version).

Thanks a lot for giving your time to cooperate.

0 Likes

No graphics errors, a few windows updates/defender errors.

https://www.tenforums.com/ can help with those if you want. 

omg, thats right, i can't believe how stupid I was. I don't want my windows to update but somehow my pc manages to make a fuss with those silly updates, and I guess thats what must have caused the trouble. Thnx SOOOOOOO much man. And sorry for bothering ur time. But its a good thing I learnt that the dxdiag is a handy thing now. But could you kindly explain how you figured out it was the windows update issue?

Open the saved dxdiag file with notepad, scroll down near the bottom. There's a list of error descriptions/codes.

You can also usually see errors/warnings in windows reliability monitor, and system info.

Am not saying they were the cause of wattman message.

I have had the same thing happen at random times with most of the newer drivers. I have Win7 and a different graphics card tho What it seems to reset are the Global setting..setting them back to default. The game profiles do not seem to be affected. I reboot and the programs open / work correctly. It happens very infrequently and at initial boot. I can live with it.

hmm. I thought for a second it was my win 10 1803 version causing it. But if your facing that on windows 7, then I'm confused. I played sekiro last night and shut down my pc. Idk if thats causing the issue. However, today i installed the 19.3.3 version of the driver since it had the support for sekiro, so let me see how it goes and if I ever face trouble, I'll let you know. Thanks for the reply

0 Likes