Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system

Hi im reporting this here...becouse is the correct place to do it.

Hi:

This is my first post in this forum.

i tried a lot of thing and i cant find a soution for this so i hope you can help me pls.

My problem is that when im using my pc sometimes (specially when im playing games) the settings of wattman go to default and my pc turn off ( i think is becouse it overheats) and when i open it again it says "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system".

I tryed a lot of things,like check my ram,update to last versions etc.

PLS can you help me im desperate .

My card is rx480.

My OS is windows 10.

My CPU is AMD FX 8350.

I have 16 GB RAM.

My motherboard is an ASUS 970 PRO GAMING RGB

pls i hope you can help me and thank you very much.

0 Kudos
50 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system

whiskey-foxtrot answered me this :

Hi - this post really belongs in theGraphics  -or- Drivers & Software forums.

Uninstall Asus' GPUTweak It app, COMPLETELY; if you're using any other application to overclock or alter the settings of your RX 480 card, stop doing it (uninstall them).

Try this: AMD graphics performance (turn up the power limit in Radeon Settings for your GPU).

- Have you changed the fan controls at all or modified any other setting in Radeon Settings/WattMan?

- What power supply do you have right now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

And i answered him back with this :

Hi:

first of all sorry for posting it here my bad and thank you for your answer .

"Uninstall Asus' GPUTweak It app" what is this and how i uninstall it completely?

i didnt installed any program to overlock my graphic card but i think its already overlocked im not sure ,how i can confirm it?

i turned up the limit of power for my gpu to the maximum (50).

Yes i changed the fan speed to 1800 minimum and 3200 to maximum and the objective temperature from 75 to 70.

My power supply is a tacens mars gaming 700 W.

i hope you can help me ,thank you very much.

EDIT:i changed the limit power to the max 50 like i said above and my pc turen off again so i dont know it i must do something else,pls help me im desperat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Leave your fans set at automatic. Just change the power limit.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

First of all thank you very much for your anwers,i just reset the wattman setting to default(automatic like you told me ) and chosed the maxmimum power which is 50,i hope it work.

If it works,why this happen? why i cant change the fan speed or other option in wattamn,it makes no sense right?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Because the automatic function works. I am going to post a previous answer to another question, only because of the screenshots. If you follow that advise > Power Limit and Max temp < and leave everything else alone....run a game with Hardware Monitor running in the background. After quiting the game, check the MAX temperature and MAX fan speed. You will see that Wattman adjusts the fan speed automatically to keep the temperature at/below the designated MAX temp.

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

Wattman fan curve does not work

AMD graphics performance

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hi:

I have the HWMONITOR program,my question is ,i  have the max power at 50  which is the maximum but do i keep the max temperature at automatic which is max. 90 and objective 75 or i change it?

And what is exactly hardware  monitor runing? sorry im new on this.

EDIT:im using the pc without playing any game and the fan speed is 700 and the temperature is 69 is this normal? maybe is becouse im from spain and is very hot here.

EDIT2:I just launched a game called overwatch and the fan speed is 1496 and the temperature is 75 (which is the objective temperature ) is notmal ? vcan i low the objective temperature to 60 or i keep it on automatic better?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I can't post a screenshot, as the forum is broken, but I have a screenshot in that other post...you have to set the max temp to manual and lower it to 75c-80c....set max power limit to +50 and click 'save ' at the top of the page. Don't change anything else.

ray_m

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Hi:

But there is the max temperature and the objective temperature which one i change? now i have the max temprerature on 90 and the objective one on 75 is this ok ? becouse this is the default automatic settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

NO. Put it like the picture in the other post.

Open Wattman.

Change one setting only:

As pictured.....exactly. Do not change anything else...leave fans speed, etc. at Default (automatic).

Only lower MAX to 80c...leave "Target" at 45c. Done.

Click apply.The fans will become involved when the temp hits 45c and will gradually increase as needed to keep under the 80c Max.

You can also increase the Power Limit to +50. AMD graphics performance