cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

money
Adept I

default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure

hello, i have this annoying problem that  came up with lastest gpu amd drivers update. My pc keep crashing every 5 minutes due to  default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure. I have a really important tournament this week, how can i fix it? I have r9 390, and 19.5.2 driver. I have never overclocked any of my pc parts.

Kind regards.
money

0 Likes
6 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

You may need to do the whole DDU thing and uninstall 19.5.2.

Let windows update choose your driver ( should be 19.5.1 ) but I don't know.

If you've got a tournament just go with whatever driver is trouble free for now.

Otherwise you might need to repaste your GPU- since I don't how used or old it is, then this is just a hasty recommendation based on a probability that it may be overheating. 

0 Likes
money
Adept I

I  made the whole DDU thing, i let the windows install  my drivers. I cleaned my GPU and repasted it, i turned on my pc - after 10 minutes of playing  it crashed. Any other ideas?

0 Likes

Yes, the default settings get reapplied whenever the driver crashes of detects a crash of the driver. 

Are you running some custom settings in wattman or is the it crashing under default circumstances? 

0 Likes

Well, i dont run any custom settings in wattman - it doesn't crash when im using my browser or watch any films on netflix etc. It only happens when im playing games (240fps, 240hz) I made a OCCT GPU test - on default settings it was crashing every single time i turned it on so i lowered GPU frequency and the test in OCCT was done succesfully. But i'm not happy with that results, i bought it for 1500mhz not for 1200mhz. 

mrecandy
Adept I

I have the same problem with a Gigabyte Radeon RX 470. I see the message "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure" when the computer restarts. I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home then updated to 1903, installed Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.5.2-May22, and did not change one AMD graphics setting. None of that worked.

I did a clean install of the AMD 19.7.2 software last week and the problem seems to have gone away.