cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

awpii
Adept II

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

I keep getting this over and over again after seeing graphical glitches on my screen prior to the card crashing (The card will work fine for a couple of hours).

I don't have the upgraded VBIOS for more VRAM performance (it did come with it stock). I have an ASUS ROG RX 5600XT O6G Gaming, This card has never worked well and I keep getting this error.

I have tried undervolting it but it doesn't work, I've sought for help online and none of the things I find online work either, I can't RMA because ASUS' RMA center is not working due to lockdown.

Someone please help me already! I've wasted a good portion of my salary in this card and I haven't been able to use it well at all!

Specs: 
Ryzen 5 3600X

16GB RAM DDR4

Asus Prime B350M-A (lastest BIOS v5603)

ASUS ROG Strix RX 5600XT O6G Gaming

500W PSU 

(Before someone says my PSU is the issue, I already had opened a ticket with AMD and they tested the exact same configuration with no issues [On a reference card, not the same GPU]).

6 Replies
25marlboroman95
Journeyman III

I had the same trouble with my 5500XT Nitro+. Majority of crashes I had with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Reinstalling the latest version of driver did'nt help me (adrenalin-2020-edition-20.9.2 beta). Today I downloaded adrenalin-2020-edition-20.9.1 WHQL driver and it helped me to fix crashes with Wattman. I don't know will it help you or not, but it works with my 5500XT VC.

0 Likes

I am already on Adrenalin 20.9.1

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Go to the motherboard BIOS and set a 65w TDP limit for your processor. You can make a similar change for your GPU with WattMan by decreasing the power limit. Your motherboard's VRM is weak, your PSU's capacity is low. With the processor and graphics card you choose, your motherboard and PSU may cause problems. Goodluck...

0 Likes

Didn't help, thanks for asuming it's my motherboard's issue BUT I already tried changing the motherboard (With an X570) AND I have tried an 850W PSU, neither of this (even together) worked

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

What is your window version? What is your AMD software version?

0 Likes

Windows 10 v2004, AMD Adrenalin 20.9.1

I tried Adrenalin 20.9.2 but it only increased the crashing. I also tried Windows 10 v1907 but it didn't help.

0 Likes