cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blackwolf1998
Adept II

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

Hey, 

I Have RX 580 4GB Saphire Nitro Plus , My operating system is windows 10 and it's a PC ...

Sometimes when i'am playing games the screen goes blank and i have to restart my computer, So are you sure that the older version of AMD Radeon driver will work ??
Another thing that my monitor is connected to my graphic card by VGA TO HDMI Cable .

15 Replies
grakilo_dima
Journeyman III

I have a similar problem, only I have RX590. Tried to change drivers, but it didn't help.

I really need help or a solution for this problem , It's so bad for me ....

0 Likes

Your not the only one! AMD has driver issues! I get the same message and crash with RX 5700

I don't know how a big company like AMD and it has such a stupid problem like this. I just bought the graphic card few days ago & couldn't play games or have some fun on it because of this WATTMAN !!! Uhh i'm so upset...

0 Likes

Tried changing the drivers and changing the Wattman's Frequency & voltages, But it didn't work for me.

0 Likes
musafirlalu
Adept II

This is what I meant earlier:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9bmlby/black_screen_issues_and_freezing_just_learning/e5i3rex/... 

Some people with similar polaris card don't have this crashing problem. The result may vary.

Thank you for sharing the information.

My GPU still new, I just bought few days ago & the temperature and the psu and the air flowing are good everything is well, I'm tired of these problem i wish i could solve it as fast as possible.

0 Likes

usually the reset is due to improper overclocking

use the default settings and move on to using the machine

the stock speeds are plenty fast enough as is

I'm not overclocking the gpu. I bought it few days ago and just playing some game and the screen goes black and till now i can't find any solutions. The temperature of the gpu and the cpu is very well.

0 Likes

The black screen fault seems to be in windows itself as I see that with GeForce cards too.

Which game is problematic?

0 Likes

No, I don't think the problem is from the windows itself. The Games that i have on the pc is GTA V, GTA IV & PUBG.

When the screen goes black the pc freeze and i hear sound like repetition from freezing so i had to shut down the case from its button and start it again. When the pc opened i got the message from AMD Radeon Software ( 

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure )

0 Likes

I have had problems galore with GTA V but I do not play PUBG

0 Likes
lcm3647
Journeyman III

win10, RX590

"default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

not resolved yet...

0 Likes

lcm3647 wrote:

win10, RX590

"default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

not resolved yet...

I have seen that error with my RX 480 too

looks like the problem is more widespread 

0 Likes
bsdinis
Adept I

I am never buying anything amd because of this. I literally can't play anything on my computer without this hapenning exactly as blackwolf1998 described on the 11th reply to this thread.

0 Likes