Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Challenger
Challenger

Dear AMD: Please Release Battlefield 1 Optimized Drivers

Dear Admins and Software Engineers;

Can you please release Optimised drivers for Battlefield 1, like you guys did with Quantum Break:

Reasons Why;

1. Battlefield 1 beta has currently 900,000 people playing, its very popular and its gonna be the number 1 game to stress test your rig, due to its photo realistic graphics, High Res Textures, DX12 and 4K support.

2. There are a lot of AMD users in the battle-log forums complaining about lack of performance and low fps, even some users with older gen GPUs are unable to play the game due to no more driver support. Battlefield 1 supports crimson 16 and up. "Please release a simple hot fix or add the older GPUs to Crimsons support list"

3. When the final game comes out all the major you tube Tech Channels are going to be bench marking the game with different GPUs. This is an opurtunity for AMD to take advantage of the situation with drivers that are optimised to that particular game. Nvidia has been doing that for years, i remember after BF3 was released a lot of Nvidia drivers updates included BF3 performance increase.

4. If Battlefield 1 runs better on AMD cards a lot of Battlefield players will most likely upgrade to AMD based GPU, like when Battlefield 4 was released a lot of players upgraded to an AMD card due to Mantle support. Similar how Quantum Break runs better on AMD cards, i think if its possible for that game, it shouldn't be a problem with Battlefield 1 especially how it runs of DX12. Only difference Quantum Break is not popular and doesn't make people go out to upgrade there system, unlike Battlefield.

5. Battlefield community is relatively large and loyal to the franchise, until today battlefield 4 still has a strong following as well as older titles such as Bad Company 2, releasing optimised software for that game, would satisfy many existing and future customers.

"Customer satisfaction plays an important role within your business. Not only is it the leading indicator to measure customer loyalty, identify unhappy customers, reduce churn and increase revenue; it is also a key point of differentiation that helps you to attract new customers in competitive business environments"

Me Personally i will not be benefiting from optimised drivers because i already have a powerful rig that runs the game smoothly @ 60fps. but I would  love to see AMD taking the lead in Battlefield 1 benchmarks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Dear AMD: Please Release Battlefield 1 Optimized Drivers

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

Yeah i did. the game is running fine for me.

0 Kudos

Crossfire profile in 16.8.3 drivers aren't working properly for me. Both cards (R9 290) are utilized, but alternating. Thus I have the performance of just 1 card.

So, crossfire for this game is currently: 1 + 1 = 1

Please, AMD fix this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

See that's one of my main points, when all the tech youtubers start doing benchmarks for BF1, they are not going to be able to provide crossfire results.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I strongly believe dual GPS is becoming a thing of the past in the eyes of PC gamers. Thanks to game developers and hardware designers not working together. There is problem that has not and most likely will not ever be fixed because this issue is happening on every game release. AMD and NVIDIA want to sell more hardware? They will need to restore there commitment in the eyes of PC gamers. I understand BF1 is a beta but this was there chance to shine and that they did not. Its back to the blame game and excuses or as it seems to always be. For now its silence as it always seems to be from AMD and the game developers. All we can do is wait patiently again. I'm done with dual GPS.

PS ...OP we appreciate the comments but you are wasting your time.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

I blame GPU manufacturers to be honest because i remember when i had two GTX 260 in SLi, i had to wait for Nvidia to update the drivers when a new game came out to support Dual GPU support for that game. i really don't understand whats so hard about it to be honest all it is a profile.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Well AMD brought out the crossfire profile for BF1 quickly but for me it had no positive effect at all. I cant speak for everyone though. In the past I have seen crossfire profiles that just disabled the 2nd GPU, what a joke. I have pretty much seen it all in the last 4-5 years and its never been good. I really cant suggest anyone use multiGPU at all. It was great on paper and in theory when it came out but has never been perfected. I dont think it ever will be.

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

i had a multi GPU setup back in 2011, i really enjoyed it at first, it was great running Unigen Tropics with one GPU, then again with both and comparing results. The problem was when a new game came out 70% of the time only one GPU worked. i remember downloading profiles from nvidia that added support for games. i eventually sold both cards for 2GB 6950.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hello there ! I have the same request for AMD ! I have an 860k @4.4 Ghz, Sapphire R7 370 2Gb , 8Gb DDR3 @2133 Mhz, and I am having trouble with DX 12 ! The game runs much better on DX 11 and I have to stick to with it ! I think with proper drivers the game will run better on DX 12 .