cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

insomniac
Adept I

DDC/CI support

I bought a rx570 graphic card few days ago, before I had another brand graphic card on my PC, I was able to control my screen brightness, contrast levels and so on, but after I installed my new AMD graphic card, the software which enables me to set these features do not work anymore, I tried similar softwares which set these features through DDC/CI do not work either, so i guess something is missing in AMD drivers or cards, I wonder if this DCC/CI support can be added in the coming new driver update.... I really need it... Thanks

0 Likes
13 Replies

that is ordinarily handled by the panel buttons

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

i think it has no effect on real monitor backlight.... the softwares i use control the real monitor brightness levels, backlight levels, for ex when i change brightness level, assume that i set it to %65 from the program, when i press the buttons on my monitor, on monitors OSD, there is a monitor's built-in settings menu appears ,and i can see the same value that i set there, it is equal, so it can change all settings that monitor has, it gives u broader options... thats why i think it would be better if it is available...

0 Likes

every IPS panel I have used all have no control outside of what is provided for color space etc

brightness and contrast are manual and need to be calibrated to room lighting etc

0 Likes

i see but, with that program i use, i can even turn on/off the monitors, without pressing power button, it is very useful for me, it has some nice features, thats why its important for me, it has full control over monitor...

0 Likes

monitors are controllable which is part of the EPA energy star program

the monitor on standby can be < 1/2 W while awaiting a signal

0 Likes

You didn't mention the Monitor you have connected to the RX 570 nor if the DDC/CI program you are using is from the monitor's manufacturer or a generic DDC/CI program.

At Appual.com it explains about DDC/CI and suggest a free program to use (plus a few others) if you don't have the manufacturer's own specific program.: What is DDC/CI and How to Use It - Appuals.com 

This is the generic program that Appuals suggest to use: https://clickmonitorddc.bplaced.net/ 

Just suggesting this to see if it is just your own monitor DDC/CI program that is at fault or is general in nature where no DDC/CI program will work.

0 Likes
insomniac
Adept I

hey, that is the program i use already, i was using clickmonitorddc, i have an ASUS VZ279q monitor and a LG 22 inches, i had another graphic card before, other brand, not ati, and i removed it and install its all drivers, and than installed this new rx570 card, and installed its drivers and even reinstalled clickmonitorddc program, but no response from the program, so i thought something is missing with AMD drivers or card, and tried to find out, and at the end, i found out, many users suffer from DDC/CI control with AMD cards, btw i even wrote to the developper of clickmonitorddc, he told me its not because of his program, and i installed as well as "Monitorian" another similar software and yes it couldnt reach my monitors, either...I just hope if this is something that could be solved with driver upgrades, AMD developpers will add this feature to the new future drivers...

I have ClickMonitorDDC installed and controlling brightness, volume, etc works fine with the latest crimson driver (I think it’s 19.10.2), Vega 56 (flashed with 64 BIOS) and Asus MG278Q monitor. 

0 Likes

People who flashed the Vega 64 BIOS has found some problems with compatibility due the wrong tables etc.

Your monitor seems to be TN based which is fast while I use IPS for better color quality.

I have an LG HDR panel and my RX 480 runs it fine at 3840x2160 with 10-bit color and 4:4:4 chrominance.

I suggest restoring your Vega 56 back to the OEM version and remove ClickMonitorDCC which is not necessary. DDU can clean up driver problems and then you can recover functionality that is not working properly.

0 Likes

Thank you for the information, so this is maybe not a driver issue, it might be because of the card brand, i don't know, i try to find it out still

0 Likes

insomniac wrote:

Thank you for the information, so this is maybe not a driver issue, it might be because of the card brand, i don't know, i try to find it out still

No problems with the driver, I have reason to believe it is hardware based.

0 Likes

I can share you my findings regarding this and I am pretty convinced that this is amd driver problem which they don't care to fix. I was also asking this question 1 1/2 year ago and this still has no fix even up to this day. I tried replicating this problem on several monitors and this only started from polaris architecture. All my old amd gpus are working well on all of my monitors supporting dcc/ci. I tried using rx 470 and 2200g igp on my asus vc239h IPS and 3 other TN monitors and it does not work. The dcc/ci control only works on my acer xb271hu IPS and the rest are no go so I think this is really a problem on amd side. All my nvidia gpu are working on all my monitor dcc/ci. Amd's software department must be so bad to accidentally botch or neglect this basic feature. I'm still hoping to have this properly implemented but you can't expect any good news from them since this is an existing problem for a long time.

0 Likes

you might be right, coz i read some stuffs on linux, some guys seem to manage to run it, but they are talking too technically, so i have no idea about it, i hope sooner or later, this might be fixed, i also wrote the developper of the ClickmonitorDDC program, he said, it doesn't run on many AMD Gpus....

0 Likes