Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

derekmski
Adept I

DDC/CI Not Working with DisplayPort on AMD Radeon 5700 XT

System:

• AMD Graphics Card:  Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT (100416P8GL)
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 64 bit (1903)
  • Driver installed:  19.9.2
  • Monitor that 5700 XT is having troubles with DDC/CI on over Displayport:  Acer XFA240
  • Monitor that DDC/CI Screen control works on over HDMI:  Asus VS239
  • Motherboard:  MSI B450 Tomahawk; Bios version: 1.A0
  • CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Power Supply:  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS 220-GS-0850-V1 80+ GOLD 850W
  • RAM:  32GB DDR4

Issue:

• I am trying to use software like ScreenBright or ClickMonitorDDC to control screen brightness on my 2 external monitors more easily.  After upgrading from my Geforce 2070 to the 5700 XT this no longer works on my Acer XFA240 monitor.  It says no compatible monitor found.  However the weird thing is the software works just fine with my Asus VS239 monitor over HDMI using the DDC/CI.  So it may be a bug with the 5700 XT and the 19.9.2 driver with DDC/CI being broken.  I had no issues with the DDC/CI on my 2070.  I did use DDU to fully remove Nvidia drivers before swapping to my 5700 XT.  I also used DDU to fully remove the AMD drivers and reinstall as well to make sure it wasn't a corrupt install, but issue persists.
  • ScreenBright or ClickMonitorDDC
0 Likes
3 Replies
insomniac
Adept I

Well, i have also problems with DDC/CI with my sapphire rx 570 nitro+, i found something like this, i think some pins are responsible for DDC data transfer, i am not sure, but if things are like on this photo, maybe your display port cable has no DDC pins on it, or your graphic card doesn't, I am still also trying to find out how to solve my issue, i wrote finally to sapphire, btw you will understand what i mean by this photo, i guess the pins responsible for DDC are as on this photo...

https://www.datapro.net/images/techinfo/hot_plug_detection.jpg 

0 Likes
derekmski
Adept I

This was resolved for me in a newer driver update for the 5700 XT.

0 Likes

I am using DisplayPort with my RX 480 which suggests you may want to use DDU to fix the driver problems and take it from there.

0 Likes