cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DarkestDungeonEnjoyer
Journeyman III

Darkest Dungeon 1 BROKEN by AMD drivers for a long time now.

So Darkest Dungeon 1, at least the Steam edition of the game has been borked on pretty much all AMD GPUs as far as I know for a while now. I'm personally getting a choppy **bleep**ty 30ish FPS on my RX 580, same one I played Elden Ring on and barely saw the underside of 50. I've read over a dozen threads and reports online about the issue and the general consensus is that rolling back to driver version 22.5.1 fixes it and the game runs perfect 60fps even on a low end system.

Has anyone else any experience with this? Is this even the right place to report something like this? Please fix AMD?

1 Solution

Possibly due to some specific/custom opengl coding used by game devs?, that amd aren't aware of.

Use the bug report tool, make sure to mention that it is an opengl game.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Possibly due to some specific/custom opengl coding used by game devs?, that amd aren't aware of.

Use the bug report tool, make sure to mention that it is an opengl game.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Zanndo
Journeyman III

Same thing here! I also get some white boxes instead of the animations and certain curios. I have an RX 6600 XT.

0 Likes