cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FMLost
Journeyman III

Daedalus Mainnet interference with AMD Radeon Softare

Today I present to you a recent observation I have made, however before I do so let me state that sadly I haven't got any necessary investigative tools to narrow down the reason for what I am about to state.

I recently noticed that the crypto wallet for the crypto currency Cardano (short ADA) that goes via the name of "Daedalus Mainnet" seems to somehow break the installation of AMD Radeon Software. Driver(s) will NOT start crashing and everything in the background will function as normal (no other driver or service issues, no flickering, no freezes, no changes in clock behavior, temperature control or the likes.). However the GUI interface for the AMD Radeon software where one can adjust settings, keybinds and such will completely break to the point where only a reinstall will fix it. It will then work until the Crypto Wallet Application has been started once which will break it again to the point of crashing/not visibly starting even after restarts. The Wallet App seems unaffected however AMD Radeon Software will break whenever the wallet software is started and cannot be fixed without a reinstallation. Sadly I have not been able to further investigate the issue as to why such behavior occurs, but a guess in the dark is potentially a common .dll being maybe affected in a way that corrupts the AMD Radeon Software? Anyway, TL;DR will follow below and any more observations I will post here.

TL;DR

- Daedalus Mainnet Software running seems to corrupt the AMD Radeon Software installation

- GUI of AMD Software will simply crash/not start after Daedalus Mainnet Software has been started once.

- Only Reinstalling AMD Software seems to fix it

- Best guess is that somehow a commonly used .dll 

0 Likes
0 Replies