cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cb0t
Adept I

Custom fan control @ Radeon Software Version 19.1.2.

Hey!

I have one Radeon R7 200 Series in Radeon Software Version 19.1.2.

I need to increase the rotation of the fan. When get at 77ºC the is at 40%.

I follow this FAQ:

How to Tune GPU Performance Using Radeon Wattman and Radeon Chill | AMD 

And my Settings dont show some options.

In the FAQ:

Many Thanks!

1 Solution
cb0t
Adept I

I soved this, today, using MSI Afterburner, much better now!

The machine we are talking about is a clean install.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Just click from automatic to manual. Then drag the last 2 bullets on the right on the curve all the way to the top.

0 Likes

I dont see any curve. I change to manual dont show the curve.

Just show this as follow:

Thanks.

0 Likes

I am not sure why your curve would go away when switching to manual. Unless that model does not support a manual curve? If you used to be able to do this and now can't I would suggest running DDU from wagnardsoft_com, make sure to follow the included istructions then clean install the most current driver available. If that doesn't help I would ask AMD support for advice:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
cb0t
Adept I

I soved this, today, using MSI Afterburner, much better now!

The machine we are talking about is a clean install.

Still doesn't explain why Wattman isn't working correctly. Glad you found an alternate solution. FYI if you are going to use Afterburner make sure to set Wattman settings to defaults. The two don't always play well together. You use on or the other at a time not both. For the sake of the community I would still share your screen shots with AMD, they still need to potentially fix an issue.

Good Luck and Happy Gaming!

cb0t
Adept I

In this video card, amd software are always with a lot of bugs. Not first time something disappear / appear.

For example: Relive never works well. Sometimes down show and hang mouse/keyboard, other times fade way, flick a lot.

The drivers are good!

If need some more screens or data, just call.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks.

0 Likes

The custom fan curve/zero fan control is not available for older gen cards.

RX series and newer only(as mentioned in the first Adrenalin 2019 release notes).

I prefer to disable(not enable) wattman if using a 3rd party oc/fan control app., less possibility of conflict between the two.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
cb0t
Adept I

Nice info goodplay. Thanks!

I dont use wattman for nothing.Thinking of removing adrenalin and leave only drivers. Because it seems useless for my videocard.

I just needed increase my fan speed. Now my temp never is highter than 50 and stuttering gone.

Thanks guys.

Honestly what you are doing is what I did for years before wattman too! Except I preferred to use Trixx. 

cb0t
Adept I

Trixx is from Saphire? My card is Saphire. (I never given DVD)

I will give a try. I use Afterburner for many years, is good know new softwares.

Thanks.

Yes trixx is their OC tool. It is only for AMD cards where Afterburner is kinda a Swiss Army knife of tweakers.

cb0t
Adept I

Thanks!