cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

staysmoovey
Newcomer

current driver/software shows incorrect VRAM usage? (sky rocketing to 98% 7960mg usage when idle)

date: 8/22/2020/ 4:21PM Sat

I experienced this issue last driver update and CURRENT driver update. If anything, this update didn't change anything.

My issue is, on the radeon software, it displays 80-95% VRAM usage when my computer is idle. As you can see from the image I attached...which is completely odd. Yes, I checked other things that could be running in the background. If anything, it shouldn't spike to 90+ vram usage when im using 1-8 gpu utilization? So... I ended up downloading a software known as ( GPU-Z) which monitors my gpu vram usage. I also referenced from task manager to check my VRAM GPU performance as well. Both have similar stats, which says im using 600-800 mb of vram. So, is the problem the amd software? Please help.

PC:

ryzen 7 3700x 

rx 5700xt 

windows 10

literally bought this pc 2 weeks ago.

1 monitor.

current drivers:

0 Likes
6 Replies
catinthesack
Journeyman III

prvky 1.jpgprvky 2.jpgprvky 3.jpg

I have the same thing. In 20.5.1. it worked alright. 

Radeon Software monitoring and HWiNFO show exaggerated usage of video memory i guess (with no VRAM intensive applications running), while Windows Task manager displays number that i would expect.

0 Likes
drallim
Elite

Does it return to normal levels when you reboot?

0 Likes

It does for me usually, still annoying though.

0 Likes

In that case I think we have the same issue. Some sort of memory leak in either windows or the AMD drivers.

0 Likes
junglegn
Journeyman III

I also have this problem with my RX580, I solve it using Win+CTRL+Shift+B and restart the pc, but it's boring to do it all the time...

0 Likes

First Sorry For My bad english, i had that problem u should delete the driver with Amd utility then install driver from windows update it would fix the problem, but u don't have access too adrenalin edition options, either u don't have bug then 

0 Likes