Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tricolores
Adept I

CSGO stuttering on all AMD build and I can't seem to find the cause

Dear members of the community,

For a few weeks now, Counter-Strike Global Offensive is stuttering like crazy during online play. It’s driving me nuts. It has always been my main game and now I can’t play it without stuttering all over the place. I’ve been looking for a solution in the past few weeks, but nothing seems to work. I’m in desperate need of your assistance and I hope someone can help me out.

First, a few facts and some demonstrations of the problem. In the video down below that I recorded, you can see the problem in action. Because this video is only 60FPS it’s not that easy to see, but you can spot it. When I turn or move, everything is very choppy like I have 30 FPS, but I’m playing at high FPS on a 240Hz screen so this shouldn’t be the case. It hurts my aim and in game vision and makes it hard to make good split-second plays.

Link to the video: https://streamable.com/xd5t92

My hardware setup:

MB: AORUS Elite X570
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM : G.Skill DDR4 3200Mhz (XMP profile active and working)
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB (OS & game installed on here)
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: XFX RX Vega RX-VEGMLBFX6
PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018)
Screen1: ASUS ROG XG258Q @ 240 Hz
Screen2: AOC G2460V @ 60Hz (native is 75 Hz)

UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30090126

I use all latest stable drivers, also the latest BIOS that is available for the motherboard.

My settings in CSGO:

Color Mode: Computer Monitor
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Resolution: 1280x90
Display Mode: Full screen
Laptop Power Savings: Disabled
Global Shadow Quality: High
Model / Texture Detail: High
Effect Detail: Low
Shader Detail: Low
Boost Player Contrast: Enabled
Multicore Rendering: Enabled
Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode: 4x MSAA
FXAA Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
Texture Filtering Mode: Trilinear
Vertical Sync: Disabled
Motion Blur: Disabled

What I have tried so far:

• Updating BIOS -> No effect
  • Running DDU and reinstalling GPU drivers -> No effect
  • Update chipset drivers -> No effect
  • Reinstall game -> No effect
  • Reinstall Windows completely -> No effect
  • Uninstall ESET NOD32 antivirus -> Minor effect
  • Disabling hardware acceleration in Discord -> No effect
  • Disabling full screen optimizations in Windows -> No effect
  • Disabling CORE0 of csgo.exe -> No effect
  • Changing refresh rate of secondary screen from 75 to 60 Hz -> No effect
  • Changing around video settings in game -> No effect
  • Changing around settings in Radeon software -> No effect
  • Playing on native resolution and default settings -> Minor effect

Other games that I play (PES 2020, PUBG…) run as they should and don’t seem to be impacted. Steam support has refused my demand for support, saying it must be a local issue.

Can somebody please help me? I can’t play my main game anymore without getting all frustrated and I’m getting tilted. I’m even at the point where I would give the person giving the solution to this issue a reward. Anyway, any assistance would be very much appreciated.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Tricolores

8 Replies

Have you tried vert sync?

0 Likes

Yes and that works, because it just syncs up your refresh rate with your monitor causing input lag. That is never acceptable in any competitive shooter and therefore not a solution to this problem.

0 Likes

yup in a competitive shooter vsync will make you lose. 

0 Likes

Do you not use/enable anti-lag?

I use enhanced sync and anti-lag on every game....but I just have  RX580 OC.

0 Likes

Nope I don't use AMD GPU's 

0 Likes

See the following page and implement the suggest optimizations and you should be good to go. 

Steam Community :: Guide :: CS:GO optimization guide for MOST stable FPS [2019] 

0 Likes
curse127
Adept III

I myself recently defeated these damned stutters in the CSGO.

There are two problems not related to hardware.
First of all, you need to copy the game to the SSD. I have a 1TB barracuda segate, perfect condition, no bad sectors. But the game stuttered a lot because of him.

There is another stuttering problem that AMD does not recognize and for which Microsoft bans - this is the backup of RAM(standby list).

To understand that this is the case, you need to disable the quick start and restart the computer. The game should work smoothly, but after the time of use, stuttering will begin to appear.

There is an ISLC utility that helps solve this problem.

Personally, a clean installation of Windows 2004 with formatting helped me. I used to turn off a sysmain/prefetcher for example, make tweaks for ssd, etc. Now I just decided not to touch anything.

I already tried this, with no success. Fast boot is always disabled here and the game is installed on a SSD.

0 Likes