cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

toffypops
Newcomer

CrossFire activates in Windows10 environment - BIG PROBLEM!

Hello.

I wanted to let you all know of a crazy issue i just seem to have resolved.

This started with me not being able to launch StarCraft2 as all I got was a black screen with the mousepointer in SC2 blinking at intervals.

- Tried to reinstall graphics driver which was the old Crimson driver with that newest one 18.2.1

- Same problem occured.

I could just not figure out why my game would not launch, so i deleted all settings of it, and even the game itself and re-installed the game.

- STILL the same issue.

Then I realized that before, i had Crossfire active in the driver (so it would activate in fullscreen games)

- So i went in and turn it OFF OMG!..suddenly WINDOWS 10 works faster?!

A good example was the videos playing in the Blizzard launcher which always always lagged, suddenly they are supersmooth!?

I have lately also had extremely slow boot since I installed Windows 10.

As in it took 2 minutes to start Windows10, and i have an almost clean install, and running on a really fast SSD-drive.

The way it looked like was that 2 monitors for the longest time would go black in "sleepmode" and the rightmost would have light on as if it was waiting for something.

Then after about 2 minutes the other two monitors would activate and grant me the login screen.

I even tried to re-install Windows 10 and the problem persisted.

I have 3x27" monitors running on a AMD Radeon HD7990 card, and with Windows 7 this was not an issue at all.

I just now realize this problem started when you got that massive update to Windows10 back in January I think it was.

Now when i start my machine, i get the login screen within 10 seconds after i disabled Crossfire in the driver.

So by the love of all weird AMD, what the heck did you do?

Why would enabling CrossFire in WINDOWS 10 mode cause a machine to run superslow?

Is it because it would think my 3 screens running windows would be trying to run crossfire 5760x1080 in WINDOWS?

This would probably be a very good lesson to why CrossFire sux in Windows 10 mode.

But my drawback here now is, i cannot use CrossFire at ALL since it cannot be turned on without causing games to no longer work.

And Windows10 becoming slow.

Maybe this is a Windows problem I do not know, but AMD, you should talk to Microsoft and have this checked out.

Best regards

Bård Olsen

Norway

0 Likes
1 Reply
plumboby
Miniboss

its a 10 issue. !0 creators has played havoc driver wise to AMD atm. Microsoft is passing the blame around to AMD as per usuall. Had somw weied & wonderfull things with 10 pro & AMD drivers dw Nvidia is as effected or worse. Its a Microsoft issue i have annoyed microsoft about. Have had 10 nuke a few hard drivers in diffrent builds upgrades & repairs in the last 2 years or so. A lot of the issue is 10 works better on craptops than on Desktops unfortunately, very know issue diffrent users are experiencing diffrent problems.

0 Likes