cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

baboo007
Adept II
Adept II

Crimson Edition 16.2 still didn't fixed advanced video settings?

When will you fix it

0 Kudos
47 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Crimson Edition 16.2 still didn't fixed advanced video settings?

What issue are you referring to?

Not all of the Catalyst features have been moved over to our Crimson drivers yet.

0 Kudos
baboo007
Adept II
Adept II

Where are Advanced video settings , video quality settings?  Please brig those back.  Video cards are use to watch movies, video editing not just gaming.  This is terrible step back.   I don't understand how crimson driver is better then CCC.  well it starts faster but half of the functionality is gone.  I'm long time fun but this is really frustrating.  For years people complain about ATI/AMD drivers.  So AMD decides to improve it but removing video settings.  I game to and I want new updated driver like any other gamer.  AMD has no right to remove functionality from non legacy card.  I have R9 290 and at the time  of purchase driver had advanced video settings and now you want me throw this card away.  This is absolutely outrageous.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll pass on your feedback, thank you.

0 Kudos
baboo007
Adept II
Adept II

See other threads I'm not only one who wants it back and need this option to be working

Crimson Advanced Video Settings missing?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Understood.

Myself and my dedicated colleague, ray_m​, will ensure your feedback reaches the right people within AM.

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have already escalated your feedback to the appropriate team.

However, a decision was made to remove these features and it is unlikely they will be brought back.

0 Kudos
mrm2015
Adept I
Adept I

Hi Ray, Matt,

Is this functionality definitely descoped? I work in software development, so I totally understand these are niche features and the product owner(s) may have made the call to deprecate them.

AMD (ATI) have been market leaders in video processing functionality for years. I know I am in a minority as a Home Theater PC user, but it seems a shame to lose this - particularly as a new deinterlacing mode was added only recently.

If the features won't be brought back into scope are there are any manual workarounds to control the settings in the registry?

0 Kudos
izzy69
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So you **** are saying I bought my r9 390x for nothing??? I had a 270x but I passed over to the 390x because it had more advanced video settings. My friends told me to buy Nvidia, but I got used to those AMD video settings so opted from Nvidia.

This is the day I stop supporting and defending AMD.

I will sell all my AMD junk components and switch to Intel and Nvidia, finally.

Goodbye AMD and good riddance!

<< I have edited your post to remove language not appropriate on this forum. Please follow the rules & regulations if you wish to participate here >>

0 Kudos
ucouldbrong
Adept III
Adept III

izzy...

Happy to sell you a couple of 980 Ti's...

...they come included with a slight metallic smoky odor, but since you are a fanboy...their drivers and support team for "smoky" video cards should provide   Y O U   with so-called "superior" performance that a nvidia fanboy is ​willing to accept over the years.

0 Kudos