cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

meliewx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: [Crimson Drivers 17.7.2]: Mouse cursor stuttering when running thermal monitoring programs

Mine is exactly the same - all over desktop and in any application etc. Insanely annoying and my mouse feels almost unusable.

Thought I was the only one

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [Crimson Drivers 17.7.2]: Mouse cursor stuttering when running thermal monitoring programs

We're looking at this issue folks, thanks for the posts.

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Sadly to report I'm having same issue I think even sine 17.7.1.....I'm not too sure I was not on 17.7.1 very long.
But luckily mine isn't so serious ! Mine actually only occurs whenever I close a game and right that very short few second when I return to Desktop, I get that
" mouse lag " that short freeze just for a few seconds and it's back to normal luckily....

I've no issue when using a Monitoring program.

Also I get this sort of mouse freeze whenever I Minimize / Maximize a Window ( Google Chrome, My Computer, My Document, STEAM etc ). It will freeze on the spot for a moment, until the Window finishes Maximizing / Minimizing...and I think it's the GPU Driver...since if I run my PC on Safe Mode / Uninstalled AMD Crimson Driver. The " freezing " doesn't occur...

Hopefully we get a fix soon.

My Sepcs.
Windows 7 Home 64-BIT
Sapphire Fury Nitro
Intel i5 3550
Asus P8Z77-M
16GB RAM

0 Kudos
abdielorpty93
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I got another problem, when I use Youtube at full screen, it crash, and the radeon software stop working. Have to reset the pc sometimes, and the same problem with the mouse lag at desktop always,
Also I use Asus GPU Tweak II, and the info thats showing, its not correct. (I use OC mode allways it says 110%, and now says 20% dont know why).

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Your other problem may be related to the new changes in the wattman coding, which now requires 3rd party oc software to be modified/updated.

Disable/uninstall gputweak, see if that resolves the crash. If not, you should start a separate for that issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos