cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

el_arantis
Adept III

Crimson chipset driver

Crimson chipset driver do not seem to analyze and find hardware correctly.

This was not the case with previous chipset drivers except that ahci had to be installed manually from device manager.

Will you fix it? My M/B is a 990FX one

14 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Crimson chipset driver

These ? >

AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

Thank you for your answer but I think you did not understand my question or I did not make it clear.

As you can see to the pic below it did not find AHCI, USB filtering, IOMMU etc.

Do we all have to install all these manually?

crimson.jpg

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

It's a separate download.

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

Yes I agree, see the folder and the file that I run.

It is the setup from chipset download, not the gpu driver.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

YOU have to install them Manually. This happens when you express uninstall old graphics drivers or use the AMD uninstall utility. It tells you that. Install the drivers I linked you to.

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

I did not use the AMD uninstall utility, I uninstall gpu drivers using DDU.

AHCI can be installed manually, the other components how to be installed manually?

It is not very clear searching the folders or device manager.

When I run installer for gpu it recognizes that I have AHCI etc on my system.

If the only solution is manual installation then the AMD installer is not correct but buggy.

Thank you for your answers one again

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

How do you install 990fx RAID drivers manually? I mean which folder has the W10 drivers? because I couldn't find it in the packages you mention???

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

Well after looking for a while, I think the drivers are not even in the crimson chipset package. They seem to have removed all SBXXX folders from there for RAID etc.|
Also RAID is working badly under windows 10 so I am not sure if I would recommend it if it is a new install. I am stuck with it for now...

RAID5 can't rebuild on Windows 10

0 Likes
pfefferschote
Journeyman III

Did you find a solution?

I experience exactly the same problem with a fresh Windows 10 64bit installation (directly, not via upgrade).

I downloaded Crimson Chipset drivers from AMD website and run the .exe - but the AMD installation manager only detects my HD 7950 graphics card. No chipset devices.

I click install and the tool is finished immediately. The setup log shows a lot of AMD devices - but no changes were made.

At least I could install ATAPI drivers via Windows Device Manager (see screenshot) - but what is with the rest of the AMD devices? Why does the Installation Manager not work for chipset devices?

My gear: Gigabyte GA 990X-UD3, AMD FX 6300, Sapphire HD 7950, 8 GB Ram - no overclocking.

micros.gif

0 Likes