Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alex80
Adept I

Crimson 15.12 / no games found / Win 10 64bit

Jump to solution

I recently did a clean install of Win 10 64bit. The Crimson driver installed without any problems. Now when I look at the game tab it is completely empty. "add->"scan" does nothing. I can add games manually though. All my games are on Steam, and are located on a different drive.

This did work on Win 7 64bit without any problems. Any solutions? Can I manually add paths to scan?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex80
Adept I

Re: Crimson 15.12 / no games found / Win 10 64bit

Jump to solution

Hi, I finally figured out how to solve this issue:

I just had to 'reinstall' the games and did the following:

I navigated to the games folder in my case: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common

There I renamed every game folder and put an 'x' before the name. Then I switched to Steam and deinstalled the game (nothing will be actually deleted). After that I renamed the folder again and deleted the 'x' from the folder name and installed the game in Steam again. Steam will not download the game but find what's already there and just rewrite the registry entries. After that Crimson found all my games.

Thanks for your help guys!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You can't manually add paths, but you can manually add the games. Thanks for raising the issue, please report it here.

0 Likes
alex80
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hey matt, thanks for the reply. I reported the issue.

Maybe someone has a clue about this?

best regards

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Jump to solution

After doing a clean install of Win 10, how did you re-install the steam games and steam?

I've been reading some reports here that the steam profiles in crimson don't always work. I suspect that there might be issues with recognizing the steam id vs. the process name.

alex80
Adept I

Jump to solution

hey qwixt,

that's it! But let me explain:

My Steam installation is located on a different drive. When I installed Windows 10 I unplugged the drive. After the installtion I replugged the drive, deleted everything except the SteamApps-Folder and reinstalled Steam. Then I pasted the backup of my SteamApps-Folder into the Steam-Folder. My games work, but Crimson does not find them. Now when I install a new game it is instantly found by crimson. Any clue how I can fix this without reinstalling everything? Must be something about the paths I guess.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Jump to solution

You could try verifying the game in steam, then it might redo the installation where it adds the registry entries.

0 Likes
alex80
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi, I finally figured out how to solve this issue:

I just had to 'reinstall' the games and did the following:

I navigated to the games folder in my case: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common

There I renamed every game folder and put an 'x' before the name. Then I switched to Steam and deinstalled the game (nothing will be actually deleted). After that I renamed the folder again and deleted the 'x' from the folder name and installed the game in Steam again. Steam will not download the game but find what's already there and just rewrite the registry entries. After that Crimson found all my games.

Thanks for your help guys!

View solution in original post

0 Likes