cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stephenmz
Journeyman III

Crashes/Black screens/Freezes in games can still hear sound

Hello, around 7-8 days I decided it was long due to change and upgrade my laptop to a gaming desktop and I decided to go with the AMD CPU/GPU platforms.

The problem(s) that I am facing is that my new gaming PC is only good for watching TV shows/browsing the internet since it crashes/freezes when I try to play any kind of game (at the moment The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition)

My new PC consists of:

Motherboard - ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel

PSU - Corsair RM750 2019 750W

Monitor (if it helps) - DELL Gaming S2719DGF 1440p 144hz

Windows 10 PRO

GPU driver Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 Optional (so the latest one available)
To be honest I hope all I need to do is just related to the driver since all of the OCCT tests that I have done have resulted in 0 crashes/errors (tested the CPU, GPU, VRAM and PSU in it).

Edit 1: forgot to mention the weird black/green screen flickers in the Discord app (only place where it happens so I'm going to assume it has something to do with the app).

0 Likes
1 Reply
treathrys
Adept I

19.12.3 is terrible right now, I uninstalled it and replaced it with 19.12.1. I had to do the same thing when they released 19.12.2. 

Seriously, 19.12.1 seems to be the best stable driver for the 5700 XT. You're not going to be running the latest Adrenaline 2020 software, but at least you will be able to play your games without issues!