cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timmeyg
Adept I

Crash in Substance Painter 2020 and 2021

Hi, I am facing the same problem as many people on this Forum. Using an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT with current drivers leads to crash in Substance Painter once I start painting. I already read the post in the Substance Forum about this issue being a known issue and I already tried downgrading the drivers or using the professional drivers instead. Unfortunately, this is not possible with the 6800XT, the driver-installation can not be completed. This is really bad, because it affects my job.

I am seeing lots of people posting about this issue, both here and on the Substance Forums, but so far no one from AMD or the Substance Team has commented on this issue, which is a bit disappointing. Please don't get me wrong, I am not expecting an instant fix, but a small update on when this issue will be fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and stay healthy!
--
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
MB: Gigabyte Aourus x470 Ultra Gaming
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4-3000
GPU: XFX RX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319

1 Solution
timmeyg
Adept I

Hi all,

I just updated to driver version 21.2.3, and this fixed the Substance Painter crash for me!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
leobenelli
Journeyman III

Same on my side with RX 5700, i wrote in Steam discussion. Some suggestion but i will wail for (fast) fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1454900/discussions/0/3114770913753309787/

As i wrote i have tried a workaround, adding entry in regedit but problem it's still there

Rusky
Adept I

Exact same problem in here.
I've written on a simillar thread. And someone suggested waiting for the release of SP 2021. But to no avail...
A fix would be greatly appreciated.

Hi AMD,

is there any news regarding this issue? Please, at least let us know you are aware of this issue and are working on it. Up until now there has been complete silence from AMDs side.

timmeyg
Adept I

Any news on that? Will the next driver update fix this issue?

0 Likes
timmeyg
Adept I

Hi all,

I just updated to driver version 21.2.3, and this fixed the Substance Painter crash for me!