Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Christoss
Adept II

CRASH AMD Software Adrenalin Edition

Hello,

I have a sapphire nitro+ rx 6900 xt se graphics card.

I sometimes have problems with the adrenaline 22.5.1 or 22.5.2 software, gray screen for 1 or 2 min then the screen comes back, adrenaline stopped working, WattMan crash.

3 Solutions
igjoe2192
Adept II

Ever since I turned off hardware acceleration on my web browser and other apps like Paint 3D I stopped having this issue. Give it a shot. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

what should be disabled?

and how to? Plz

0 Likes

@Christoss In your web browser settings there should be a hardware acceleration option, disable or uncheck the box. 

0 Likes
13 Replies
igjoe2192
Adept II

Ever since I turned off hardware acceleration on my web browser and other apps like Paint 3D I stopped having this issue. Give it a shot. 

0 Likes

what should be disabled?

and how to? Plz

0 Likes

@Christoss In your web browser settings there should be a hardware acceleration option, disable or uncheck the box. 

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

I'm curious about this solution. I've had my first Wattman related driver crash, and I don't use any RGB software or browser acceleration.

How common are driver crashes with Radeon? I know someone with a Saphire 6900xt and he also has them. So far with my 6950 I've only seen the one that I know of in a month of ownership.

0 Likes
amd6700xtuser
Journeyman III

I also had this problem. My system is all OC/UV and stable af. But since 2 months I had soft (no reboot) driver crashes just on the desktop. When I disabled the hardware acceleration in chrome it help but what helped bette was just to delete the browser cache. Now with hardware acceleration on in Chrome, everything is back to normal.

0 Likes

Try this driver, it fixes crahses at my side:

amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.11.2-win10-win11-dec1

0 Likes

Sure didn't fix it for me, might have made it worse. My issue seems to occur almost entirely while using a citrix client.

0 Likes
ArchKosi19
Adept I

It's Usual thing
I become used to it lol

I also have 6900xt 

This will be last forever AMD Card

Tiltman
Journeyman III

I have a 6800XT (adrenalin 22.11.2), two weeks old Win11 computer (7700X@X670E), and crash happens at desktop when browsing (approx once a day). It only happens when I'm using a 1440p (DP) monitor, never on my secondary 1080p (HDMI) monitor. Its very annoying.

After reading this thread I've turned off hardware acceleration, maybe that will help... 

0 Likes

Ok, before I had a driver crash approx once a day. Black screen, then win11 returned using the default vga driver after a minute or two.

After I turned off hardware acceleration (13 days ago) in chrome, firefox & edge - not a single driver crash has occurred. So I guess it's kind of solved, but AMD needs to fix this - I don't have the issue on the computer running a nVidia card/driver. 

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

despite i don't have the problem , i do allways disable hardware acceleration of browser , because it consumes apparently more power than just going through cpu ... that's just to save some power ... even if people don't think about overconsuming , it's a start , if everybody thinks a little about it , and not just about the little difference on his bill , but the global difference it makes when millions save a little ... 10W on my bill is "nothing" .. 10W x millions = lot of consequences

0 Likes
achilles2099
Journeyman III

I also have the exact same issue with my 6800xt. Apparently this is a big issue for a lot of people when you google it. 

I never had any problems with Nvidia, so I'm just never gonna buy AMD again...

0 Likes
Sakura2022
Adept I

Does anyone know how to download just the driver, minus the buggy software?

0 Likes