cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Franco_YC
Journeyman III

Crackling sound every 3 to 4 minutes aprox

Ever since I updated my graphics driver, I have this crackling sound coming once every 3 or 4 minutes. I'm for real tired of it because I have to stop watching the video that's currently playing or leaving the game in order to prevent this crackling sound to keep going louder.

I have a:

APU:
AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics
Principal/Integrado

VRAM:
2048 MB
DDR4 1200 MHz

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
4 Cores

RAM: 16 GB

Franco_YC_0-1669518579972.png

What do I have to do?

0 Likes
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Does it come from speakers, computer, which part of computer? Are there any wired running close to cooling fans?

0 Likes

It comes from the laptop itself. It also sounds when I have my headphones on.

I dont have any wires of sort, I just have a hp laptop.

0 Likes

Perhaps you could try using an older driver version or make sure you have all the HP updates installed. Does the laptop come with some audio enhancement software, spatial audio feature or something? You could also check HP's support.

0 Likes

I tried to use an old one, it didn't work. All HP updates are installed as well.

0 Likes

Some Hp laptops have issues with voice and they exchance a new motherboard. How old is it?

Before that, disable sound enhancement features if there are any.

Did I get it right, that you can hear it with and without headphones? If it was only with headphones, I would suspect cable or wireless connection, but if you hear it also without headphones, that's not the case. Have you tried using the laptop somewhere else, like take it to kitchen, bedroom, back yard or just anywhere else and make sure all tablets, cell phones and modems are far away. Those can sometimes cause annoying voices to audio output.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Here is my theory, I have had this happen on 2 different cards, I suspect a resistor in the audio circuit is getting too hot and loosing impedance which is causing audio clipping distortion in the form of way to much signal gain. I upgraded drivers on one card and had better luck. I got more fans and re thermal pasted the other. Turning off the bass boost on the card seems to help. You might take a vacuum blower to any dust bunnies.

0 Likes