Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

d-uke
Journeyman III

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 90 to 95 degrees

pastedImage_2.png

now for the longest time, i only looked at Speccy for all my pc info, im not that into over clocking or anything like that, but after getting into a deep spiral of watching PC related vids on YouTube, and finaly deciding to find out why my CPU was running at 95 at idle, Speccy has told me 95-96c from the moment i turned it on.

I honestly kinda just over looked it seeing as i know i have good air-flow my room never being to hot and me never pushing my cpu, i always kinda figured it was just miss reading it but having it say 95c was always in the back of my head, now i found out that AMD themself said not to use third party programs to read the softwear.

SO i got AMD Ryzen Master and well :pastedImage_3.png

now is it just Speccy thats being stupid here is my CPU running fine ?, im not a pc genius even tho i wanna be lol, but im just confused at this point

0 Likes
3 Replies
msabry1695
Journeyman III

try HWmonitor its way better,Speccy is not trusted with its results

0 Likes
drallim
Elite

I would definitely trust the figure from Ryzen Master over the one from speccy. Hwinfo64 is good too.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Here is some version history for it:

Version History

v1.32.740 (21 May 2018)

- Improved SSD detection for newer SSD devices
- Improved SSD detection for laptops
- Added new Privacy menu
- Fixed a bug where the Speccy uninstaller was removing text and log files from the C: drive

v1.31.732 (04 Jul 2017)

- Improved Windows 10 Creators Update compatibility
- Updated GPU information and sensor tracking
- Improved 32-bit build architecture
- Improved localisation and languages support
- Minor GUI improvements
- Minor bug fixes

Considering 2700x was released mid April 2018, and speccy has no mention of CPU support changes for a few years, I wouldn't put too much into speccy.

0 Likes