cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Elf_Boy
Adept I

Corsair A1600 unable to install any new drivers.

The new Corsair laptop is nice (IMO) and has some nifty tech.

One of it's drawbacks is the inability to update the driver for the chipset or GPU. Other than what is available on the Corsair website (chipset 4.03.27.2018, GPU 21.40.56.02) we have no options to upgrade.

When attempting to use an installer downloaded directly from AMD, as I do with my desktop computer, the installer will go though all the motions of updating the drivers, including putting the files on my HD, then at the end it gives error 205 and replaces the newly installed rivers with the generic windows ones.

I have tried the official AMD fix here: amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb205

It doesnt work.

I have used DDU (Display Driver Remover) in safe mode, disabling Win Update and disconnecting ethernet and wifi.

It doesnt work.

I have posted on the Corsair forums and been told it is a known issue and Corsair is working with AMD to resolve.

Myself, I'm not gung ho on any of the new games released after 10.17.22 (the date of the last driver available to my laptop's 6800m) and have a nice desktop system to use if I did. The laptop is so I can game while traveling (or going to holiday dinner at my sisters).

I know for other people not being able to play new releases, due to the game requiring the day 1 driver update, is an issue.

Can AMD help with this?

** Asus Crosshair TUF x570, Ryzen 5950x, Corsair H1500i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4 3200, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, 2x NVME 1TB/2TB, 12TB HDD **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **
0 Likes
1 Solution

As it turns out, I was provided a driver package by Corsair yesterday that has resolved the issue. I understand it will be in general release soon.

** Asus Crosshair TUF x570, Ryzen 5950x, Corsair H1500i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4 3200, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, 2x NVME 1TB/2TB, 12TB HDD **

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Doube check to make sure you do have Windows Update disable by going to this Windows tech site which will show the steps in both Windows 10 & 11: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/

Rereading your OP you did mentioned that you already disabled Windows Update with no change.

Then use the below method to install the AMD driver again.

After disabling Windows Update for Drivers install the AMD driver package again using DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting C:\AMD installation folder. at C:\AMD.

See if now it installs without any errors. It is best to go to AMD download page in download the full AMD APU Mobile generic driver.

If you Corsair Laptop uses a AMD APU Mobile processor (Ryzen 7 6800HS) you must download the APU Integrated Graphics which installs both the IGPU and DGPU in your laptop.

You have a OEM AMD APU Processor that isn't specifically shown at AMD Download page "HS". But the closest I saw was the Ryzen 7 6800H Mobile AMD laptop driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

Also make sure that you have the latest BIOS and CHIP Set versions installed.

AMD Chipset drivers for Laptop does show your APU as being compatible so it should install successfully: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool (Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool ) to delete all Non-Graphics AMD drivers from your laptop. Corsair Windows Registry might have an entry that is preventing a Non-Corsair AMD Chip set drivers from being installed.

BUT first do a Restore Point on your laptop or better yet do a System Backup of your laptop in case anything bad happens after installing the Chip set drivers.

0 Likes
Elf_Boy
Adept I

Thank you.

I'll hopefully get time on Sat to try out the steps.

Oh and I have the Ryzen 9 cpu option, more than likely the same driver though.

0 Likes

Okay you need to go and input your laptop processor at AMD Download page (https://www.amd.com/en/support) and click on "Processors with Graphics" and then choose the correct APU processor and download it just to be on the safe side.

0 Likes

As it turns out, I was provided a driver package by Corsair yesterday that has resolved the issue. I understand it will be in general release soon.

Hopefully this doesn't indicate that you will need to always download drivers from Corsair Support for your laptop.

Seems like only Corsair drivers are compatible for the time being at least.

anyway glad you were able to update your laptop drivers.

0 Likes
Elf_Boy
Adept I

The new Adrenalin package has the check update button so should be good. The original one did not.

jquite
Journeyman III

um...how about some links to these fixes because this issue is driving me nuts...

0 Likes