Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jespers
Adept I

Corrupted chipset file

Hi

I'm trying to download the amd 64 bit chipset driver for the x570 but I can only download 27 MB of the file and the download stops but the file on the site is 54 MB. I have tried to download from two computers. I have also emailed amd support two times but each time they ask me for my computers specification and when I reply my email is blocked because amd blocks emails from mail.com.

So can anyone here try to download the file to see if you can fully download the file and I hope AMD support reads this forum

file:

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_4.11.15.342.exe

page:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

try using a VPN and redownload

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Just downloaded the X570 Chip set package from AMD download page without any problems. Actually the file size is 53.1MB large.

Your issue could be your ISP or Firewall or possibly your Anti-virus program or as you link mentioned by AMD it could be your Browser or it could be the AMD Server in your region is having problems or maintenance done.

Try downloading again a day or so and see if you can download the entire package.

0 Likes

I have tried from two computers with different antivirus and I have also tried different browsers and I have had this problem for two weeks. I'm from Denmark in Europe. So can anyone from Europe try to download the file. 

Maybe one of the AMD Forum's Moderator can find out if AMD is having any type of server issues in your area of Europe.

@Matt_AMD , @Sam_AMD or @Amber_AMD 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

try using a VPN and redownload

ThreeDee PC specs
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

(Hi @elstaci - thank you for the mention)

Hello @jespers

I just tried and everything went smoothly. That said, I'm going to contact my colleagues on the Web Team to determine if there's indeed a problem with the file and/or access to it. It will take a little while, but I'll do my best to get you an answer. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and welcome to the Red Team! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

@jespers 

I'm working on it. But I have an idea...do you have a friend that lives nearby (ideally using the same ISP) that can download the file? (And eventually, get it to you via DropBox or a similar app?) This can help us determine narrow down the issue a little...

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Hi again

I got the file now all 53 MB. I used VPN US IP and chrome incognito mode and that helped.

@ThreeDee  gave a good tip which I overlooked.  Seems like by using the VPN which accessed a US Server you were able to fix you issue.

I would follow@Sam_AMD and see if a friend has the same problem as you do. If they do then it is a issue with the local ISP or AMD Server in your area.

Sorry but I don't anyone in my area that uses the same ISP as me. But I can fully download the other files on the same page.

I'm glad it worked! 

@ThreeDee thank you! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks to your post today, we are investigating, and we aim to have a resolution soon. "We're on it"

Sam
Your biggest fan!