cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

teamadw
Journeyman III

CorelDraw bug still present with newer than 17.7.2 drivers, whats the possibility of this even being acknowledged by AMD?

Ive got 2 workstations, one laptop, all with current CorelDraw and Windows 10. All up to date with drivers and updates. One system has an AMD RX460 4gb vid card, the others are green powered.  I let the radeon suite update, and that caused a lot of trouble, namely with simple things like copy, paste, opening files, and printing (a print window takes forever to pop up) 17.7.2

This only happens under the Radeon graphics drivers. There are a few posts around that suggest downgrading to 17.7.2, some of them suggest uninstalling the fall creators update as well. Not sure if that would help, but its also time in my day I dont have to play with. It would be nice to at least see AMD make note of it in known bugs. Seems to not be just the newest Corel software either, seen similar posts about this happening with older suites.

At the moment im going to try and roll the driver back, see if that helps. Any other suggestions would be nice. It does seem that this machine's explorer functions are slower too, opening folders, waiting for folders to update, clicking "new" takes a considerable delay, all of this is new t the machine. Its a clean win install, AV and such is up to date, scanned, etc.

Current:

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1196 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 10 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

Device ID - 67EF

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 9462

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1682

Revision ID - CF

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x8

BIOS Version - 015.050.000.001

BIOS Part Number - 113-P11_160513_4GD5_HM_DSF_1500_16CU_W8

BIOS Date - 2017/09/07 22:21

Memory Size - 4096 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Memory Clock - 1500 MHz

Core Clock - 1196 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 96 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 6.00 Gbps

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Message was edited by: Bryan Spiegel - added info.

0 Likes
4 Replies
teamadw
Journeyman III

Just as an update... yes, moving the drivers back to the older version worked almost immediately. I can work in all of my programs again.

Whats the beef there?

0 Likes

You are trying to update drivers on a Workstation. Is this like for your business? If so, if the older AMD Drivers work fine why is there a need to update the GPU drivers?  Unless you want to play the latest games, then I can understand updating the GPU drivers.

flytech
Journeyman III

This is AMD driver issue not corel. The SOLUTION is Win+Break -> device manager -> disable video card driver while you working with corel or adobe ps printer. HnD

0 Likes

I have exactly the same the problem - my pc is for gaming and work. Can you give more detail on the solution as I cannot find an option to disable video card driver?

0 Likes