cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iainob1
Adept III

core clocks still downclocking when crossfire is disabled, 16.6.1

Again another driver released that still does not fix any of the issues with the r9 295x2.

Core clocks downclock and fluctuate when crossfire is disabled, stay at full when crossfire is set to default.

DX 9 games still stutter and hitch.

Another broken driver.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iainob1
Adept III

Re: core clocks still downclocking when crossfire is disabled, 16.6.1

crossfire off dx 9.JPG

Usage also broken when crossfire is disabled. Spikes constantly up and down from 100 to 0, just like it would do if crossfire was enabled.

Power at max, ULPS disabled as always.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm still investigating this issue, CrossFire can't be disabled. So far i have been able to reproduce it on Rage and Strike Shadow of Chernobyl, but I'm still testing other games. I'll update the thread once i have more information.

0 Kudos
iainob1
Adept III

Its not just crossfire not disabling it is also the core clocks downclocking and fluctuating when crossfire is disabled or when using fullscreen windowed mode. Its also dx 9 games not working as in earlier windows. Its also the stutter and hitching that also wasnt there in earlier windows.

0 Kudos
iainob1
Adept III

Just tested the 15.11.1 catalyst drivers and the downclocking issue when crossfire is disabled is there in that driver too. So this issue has definately been around since the catalyst drivers.

Every driver is broken in some way for the r9 295x2

0 Kudos