cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

asterrameth
Journeyman III

constant RX 470 driver timeout since driver software update

just under 2 weeks ago I updated my drivers and the attached software to version 21.3.1 and ever since then I am having constant issues with my dual displays just dropping into idle mode then coming back up a short time later with an AMD Bug Report Tool box telling me of a "driver timeout". For the past 3 days in a row it has occurred within minutes of start up, yesterday it occurred before I even started anything, the computer was still just showing the desktop. Today it has occurred 3 times in a 15 minute period with the most intense thing done being watching a 1 minute youtube video (it timed out 30 seconds into the video).

When i was opening my Radeon Software to verify my current version i noticed there were 5 of the radeon software icons. Not sure what that means. This did not happen in the prior driver/software version. I am using Windows 10

Its timed out an additional 4 times since i posted this 28 minutes ago. My computer has become unusable. Is there an easy way to get back to the driver version I had prior, it never caused this issue. This is the first time ever i have had a driver timeout issue, in the past 17 years of me owning my own computers

9 driver timeouts in 50 minutes. I have 10 AMD icons showing when i click the show hidden icons button on the taskbar

1 Reply
asterrameth
Journeyman III

I went out for an hour and left the computer on, I now have 35 AMD icons in the hidden icons section and another timeout just occurred. I guess i now go spend my day trying to get rid of 21.3.1 as its completely busted and will not work with my computer

0 Likes