cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elmogonnacutu
Journeyman III

Constant GPU driver crashes RX5700xt Mech OC

This is a problem that ive been trying to pinpoint for months that, Im at a dead end, here are my Specs: 

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X470-PRO, with up to date bios

Ram: Corsair cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 16GB

GPU (the problem child): AMD Radeon RX5700 XT (Mech OC)

Powersupply: EVGA BR Series 700W ATX12v 80 Plus

Essentially after having the GPU for about 4 months my Display drivers would crash, the affect of the crash is seemingly random, it either hard reboots my PC, or the game crashes, tells me the gpu crashed, and then everything would be fine, no reboot needed. No blue screens nothing. Iv'e tried a lot of methods, too many to mention but feel free to leave suggestions. But a correlation that I have found in Event Viewer gives me a general Idea. Event 4101, Display occurs every time it crashes with the message "Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I assume that this is the message you would normaly get in this event but along with it and before it i get some errors too: Event 10016, DistributedCOM with the message: 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-26V47PP\User SID (S-1-5-21-234950935-2335371978-2185263969-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Ive looked into this error but never found a fix, i get this error multiple times in Event viewer around and before my gpu crashes and after. There are instances where I see the error in event viewer and there is no crash but im not sure. I'm almost certain this has some connection to the crashes but I just can't figure out a solution. As far as I know this only happens when im playing games, i haven't seen it happen outside of them.

0 Likes
0 Replies