cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rasputinto
Journeyman III

Constant Crashing/ black screens with 5700 xt no matter the driver i have tried everything

Like many other people that bought the 5700 xt I've been having a lot of problems with this card

i have the msi blower card 

I've tried installing older drivers cleaning with ddu and installing them and nothing ive installed the newer ones after  cleaning with ddu and nothing 

removed the overclocks and nothing

installed clean windows and nothing

installed windows in a different ssd and nothing 

removed all the devices and fans to see it was a power issue an nothing

updated bios and nothing

what partially works is undervolting but still crashes not as often and some games don't run at all as overwatch it loads then crashes

in bechmarks like furmark an uningine heaven it performs well 145 fps aprox 

but in aida64 it crashes after 1 or 2 minutes 

the crashes ive getting are 

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

MEMORY MANGAMENT

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION 

TDR failures

And many more....

ive also put the card in another slot and it doesn't crash but performs horribly 

what else can I do? I can't return it or buy a different card

my specs are

Board: Tuf gaming b450 plus

Cpu: Ryzen 2400g overclocked to 3.9

Ram: Ballistix Sport LT overclocked to 2666 32gb (8gbx4)

GPU:Msi 5700 xt blower fan

O.S: Windows 10 64bit with all updates installed

The driver is the 19.11.3 (removed old drivers with DDU first)

Psu: TooQ TQXGEII-700SAP 700W 80 Plus

also, I'm not using afterburner cam or any other monitoring software

idk if this may affect but I'm using an old LG monitor that uses vga and im using a vga to hdmi converter, the monitor is not overclocked or anything

0 Likes
8 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You have more than one problem. Use 2 DIM RAM first. Or reduce the RAM speed. Do not use OC for CPU or RAM.
Using 4 DIM increases the likelihood of a crash. Briefly, what you wrote indicates that you have a very high probability of having a RAM problem. You did not specify a problem that indicates a problem with the graphics card. Good luck...

0 Likes

"RAM problem" when he specified that he started having problems when he installed his new card... something tells me that you didn't even bother to read his full post.

Great advice to start troubleshooting everything else first, and the thing that is probably the cause (GPU) last.

The forum is plagued with people having these kind of issues and it's a problem on driver level, and you would probably realize that, if you read the driver release notes.

I get that you want to be helpful, but when I see people like you trying to "help" others, when they *explicitly* said, that the problem came up when they *did* something (installed a new GPU, new version of the driver), It's probably best to start there, don't you think?

The best thing is to solve issues. And I focused on problems like these...

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
MEMORY MANGAMENT
KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

There's a RAM problem. In addition, the ampere of the PSU 12V is very low. Don't write unnecessary information on this page again.

Edit:
PSU information has been added. AMD graphics cards generally require a good quality PSU. So the PSU may be causing problems. 

0 Likes

You can keep spewing whatever you want for all  I care... You can probably watch him try every useless thing you said to him to troubleshoot with clean result.

And you should get more info about BSODs and their respective codes, because every single one he/you wrote can be caused by multiple reasons, and one of the most basic are driver problems. 

I'll bet that when this issue gets fixed on driver level, his "PSU" and "RAM" problems will probably suddenly vanish, and you will feel very good about your precious help you provided to him...

0 Likes

All of these blue screen errors indicate a problem with the processor, that is, with the motherboard. These errors occur when the motherboard cannot adjust the core voltage. If the PSU is insufficient and a powerful GPU is connected to the system, this kind of error message will occur. Try to help OP where you're going to write long and ridiculous comments.

0 Likes

i tested with even one ram stick an the same thing happens i tested the 4 sticks in memtest 86 3 times and nothing everything good

0 Likes

You think you're having problems with your graphics card. When I look at your having problems, I don't agree with you. Could you try that? Go to WattMan, reset WattMan settings and then set GPU power to -50% and then do AIDA64 (with GPU and CPU load) test... Will there be a crash? Lowering GPU power will ease the PSU load and make it easier for you to find the source of problem. Use your consumer rights with the graphics card if the crash occurs although you reduce GPU power. Good luck...

0 Likes
mephis534
Journeyman III

This is happening to my and a friend of mine. I have the r5 3400g like my friend. The apu processors are having some driver problems I think so. When I install any kind of driver that be different that the windows basic, my monitor go to saving power mode.

0 Likes