Big Boss

Re: Constant BSOD page_fault_nonpaged_area AMDLOG.sys

damname wrote:

its listed in the original post up top.

cpu= ryzen 5 2600,

gpu = rx 590,

1tb crucial ssd, (crucial oops!)

1tb hdd,

mb = msi b450 gaming plus on win10 machine.

water cooled

psu is apevia 700 watt (just replaced a gold cert 600w psu trying to figure this out)

Your CPU can support up to DDR4-2933, so my DDR4-3200 would run at DDR4-2933 with your processor.

Try manually setting DDR4-2933 with XMP enabled

0 Likes
damname
Adept I

i did try xmp 2933. it still reports in windows, cpuz, msi control center and CMD as 2400 with incorrect timings as well. i also tried manually setting it to 3200 and 2933. i save changes and reboot, it reboots....and then reboots again and finally into windows with incorrect settings. i have been trying the stuff i see doing google searches like removing the psu cable and battery and a whole battery of other things.

heres the kicker..... I WAS able to get xmp 2900 with the mushkin redline ram but this flare x..... wondering if i just wasted my money.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

try a clean install of windows

0 Likes
damname
Adept I

tried that already.

0 Likes
damname
Adept I

FIXED!!! msi customer support is the shiznot! they knew right what to do to fix this. they released a beta version of the bios 4 days ago (6/12/20)... so i dinna have the latest version as i thought. i flashed bios about 3 weeks ago so i thought i had the latest version.

anyway...i flashed to the beta version uploaded on the 12th and XMP works and running stable @3200

.1D0 bios on MY msi b450 gaming plus screwed up ram slot 4 and caused it to bsod even at 2800mhz custom clock with mushkin redline ram rated for 2933. when i installed flare x, the system would default the ram to 2400 no matter what i did. NO XMP profiles or custom clocks would work at all. I flashed to .1E2 and XMP works again and was able to clock at 3200 stable.

thanks for all the help

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

damname wrote:

FIXED!!! msi customer support is the shiznot! they knew right what to do to fix this. they released a beta version of the bios 4 days ago (6/12/20)... so i dinna have the latest version as i thought. i flashed bios about 3 weeks ago so i thought i had the latest version.

anyway...i flashed to the beta version uploaded on the 12th and XMP works and running stable @3200

.1D0 bios on MY msi b450 gaming plus screwed up ram slot 4 and caused it to bsod even at 2800mhz custom clock with mushkin redline ram rated for 2933. when i installed flare x, the system would default the ram to 2400 no matter what i did. NO XMP profiles or custom clocks would work at all. I flashed to .1E2 and XMP works again and was able to clock at 3200 stable.

thanks for all the help

Sorry I only have sets of G.Skill memory so I know how they work on AMD systems. Far from rich enough to have every make and model.

0 Likes
damname
Adept I

Still crashing................

AMDLOG.sys is still the issue. heres what who crashed says about it.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081520-7859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdlog.sys (0xFFFFF803223D8271)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFF9601C3CA7263, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803223D8271, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdlog.sys .
Google query: amdlog.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

it always comes back around to this driver or whatever. who do i update amdlog.sys as who crashes recommends?

0 Likes