cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crg
Journeyman III

Constant blackscreen/restart or BSOD when gaming PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I'm having an ongoing issue, when i open any game my PC either black screens then restarts, or BSOD’s, when i first built it, it would randomly restart but not loads, now the pc is unusable to play games (what its bought for) after lots of troubleshooting, im undecided if its the graphics card and drivers, or the CPU causing the issue, or windows or a combo! I need some help!!! 

The driver errors i receive in Blue Screen View are ‘amdkmdag.sys’ ‘dxgkrnl.sys’ & ‘ntoskrnl.exe’

The errors in Event Viewer vary, but these are the main ones 

‘The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffb789a6681010, 0xfffff8074ba22230, 0xffffffffc0000001, 0x0000000000000003)’

&

‘A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 1’

Heres the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU:MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT MECH 8G OC

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Ram: Corsair Vengance RGB PRO 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3600

Storage: Kingston SA2000M8500G SSD 500gb

PSU:Thermaltake Hamburg PRO RGB Series 550W 80 Plus Bronze Certified 

Ive tried every bit of trouble shooting i can find possible, i'll try list what ive tried:

-Ive reinstalled windows fresh twice, reinstalling the latest drivers/chipset each time

-Ive done a DDU in safe mode, then reinstalled the latest drivers/chipset each time

-Ive checked that nothing is overclocked in both Ryzen Master/Afterburner and also the bios

-When able to get into a game for long enough to change the settings ive tried lowering etc, still crashes 

-Yesterday after a another DDU i manged to game for like 3 hours unitl it crashed, then would work for a bit after, but is now crashing every time 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Check to see if you have this update> KB4579311 cumulative update is causing numerous problems for Windows 10 users 

Do you have the Power Limit in the control panel set to the highest +value?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, ill have a look, if I do have that, is that an update I want to roll back from? my settings on 'power & sleep' are set to best performance. and I have the ryzen balanced plan selected 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There is more than one problem in your system. Both your processor and your graphics card are not working stably. For such broken systems, system parts should be tested with a good motherboard. You should go to a computer repair center and have your system parts checked one by one to find the problem(s). If you do not do this, something will always be a problem.

0 Likes