Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

djzaxon
Adept I

Conan Exiles Texture Bug

20180707235037_1.jpg

20180708000811_1.jpg

20180707234912_1.jpg

My issue with conan exile on vega 56. This happen all of the place in the game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X

GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 56

RAM: 16GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
crayraven
Elite

Even though its not stated in the patch notes 18.8.1 fixes the issues in conan exiles. Lighting effects no longer make objects transparent!

View solution in original post

29 Replies
pshivers
Journeyman III

Same issue. Many others having this issue since May update and it's getting worse.

Conan Exiles is using UE 4.15

Radeon Software Version - 18.5.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Core Clock - 201 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0516.1451.24901

Driver Packaging Version - 18.10.16-180516a-328911C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01334

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13521

OpenCL™ Version - 24.20.11016.4

AMD Mantle Version - Not Available

AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.20

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.70

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Built by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics

Device ID - 15DD

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 15DD

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1002

Revision ID - C6

Bus Type - PCI

Current Bus Settings - PCI

Motherboard ASRock Fatality AB350 Gaming-ITX/a

BIOS Version - 016.002.000.004

BIOS Part Number - 113-RAVEN-103

BIOS Date - 2017/11/10 15:35

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - Not Available

Core Clock - 201 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - Not Available

Memory Bit Rate - Not Available

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Display - Samsung F Series HDMI 1920x1080 @60Hz

In game settings is Shadows low and everything else Ultra, but have tried all settings with no change as have others.

I copied all info from Radeon settings. Not sure what else you could possibly need.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. I am currently investigating this issue but have so far been unable to reproduce. From the picture you have uploaded, could you highlight in red the areas of corruption? Not always so easy to tell from a screenshot if you are not familiar with the game. In addition, please could you upload a video showing the issue? Furthermore, please provide detailed steps on how we can reproduce the issue (ie what area in game shows the issue and how to get there) and what settings you are using in game.

0 Likes

Excuse the quality. The file was way too large and I wanted to get it up before I went to bed. You can get the idea of whats going on though.

0 Likes

The video is in the jungle area which is the eastern part of the map. Can also repro in the highland areas of the north. The video was taken with general shadows low. Everything else ultra

0 Likes

Where is the video i dont see it?

Can you upload it to Youtube?

0 Likes

I have the exact same issues on my Fury X. I reported the problem around a month ago. I started to happen with driver 18.5.1. It made some objects transparent, lighting effects like fire can be seen through them. With the latest conan patch, it became worse. Nearly all objects are transparent.

0 Likes

I have this same issue on an R9 390 running the latest drivers, and it affects every area of the game.  When you first load in on a new character you will have to move just a little bit down the road to approach the first bush you can harvest with the "E" key, but that is far enough to see the issue.

As for how to reproduce it, you have to open your inventory at least once (the "i" key opens inventory by default) and your character should appear in the center box of the page that comes up, however if the bug has been triggered (sometimes takes a 2nd or 3rd time opening inventory to start the bug) your character will not be shown on the inventory screen, some objects you can interact with will become transparent if looked at from an angle where the sky is behind them, and your fps will drop considerably.  If your character model is not displayed in the middle of the inventory screen then get close to a bush you could harvest and rotate the camera so that the bush has the sky behind it rather than any type of terrain.  Some rocks that can be harvested are also affected though they seem to only go transparent from one side while any other angle renders them properly.  Bushes that are affected will be transparent from any side as long as the sky is what is directly behind them.

Once you have experienced the bug you can temporarily fix it as well.  Once you have noticed something turning transparent and showing the sky through where it shouldn't, simply open your inventory again (with the "i" key) but before closing it click the Stats tab at the top.  The stats screen will load your character model in the center as your inventory is supposed to be doing, and closing (by pressing "esc") with the stats tab as the current page will fix the textures as well as raise the fps back to pre-bugged levels.  You can get your camera positioned to see a bugged transparent texture and toggle the transparency off and on by opening inventory and closing it to make it transparent, then doing it again but switching to the stats tab before closing to make it normal again.

I really hope we get a fix for this soon.  Was super excited to get the game only to find out I got it the day of the patch that introduced this bug.  Before the patch with the same driver everything worked fine.  After the patch we have this bug affecting all AMD users which implies a game bug, however rolling back to a much older driver does fix it.

**Accidentally posted this on someone else's thread about a separate issue earlier, so putting it here where it belongs now.**

0 Likes
djzaxon
Adept I

This is happen since the 18.6.1 driver. So something is wrong the driver or the game.

0 Likes
solry
Journeyman III

https://prnt.sc/k30c84

https://prnt.sc/k305zi

Can confirm. This happens for me if I'm using any drivers that are higher than 18.4.1

If I roll back to 18.4.1 everything is perfectly fine.

It appears that the textures become transparent when there is sky behind them. Everything becomes transparent (including npc,s statues, mountains, everything really) if you look at it while theres sky behind. Happens everywhere in the world regardless of map position.

0 Likes
doczott
Journeyman III

Conan Exiles AMD graphics bug - YouTube

Primary Display -  LG Ultrawide 2560x1080 @ 75 Hz HDMI

Secondary Display - Asus VG23A 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz Display port to DVI (not used for game)

Radeon Software Version - 18.6.1

Graphics Chipset - XFX Radeon RX Vega 64

High Bandwidth Cache Size - 8176 MB

High Bandwidth Cache Type - HBM2

Core Clock - 1630 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB DDR4 @ 2966 MHz

CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor

Motherboard - MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Bios - A.30

Power Supply - Corsair HX750i

I believe the video at the top shows quite clearly the issue we are having. Also how I produced the issue.

0 Likes
pshivers
Journeyman III

I did upload it to youtube, but I don't know what happened.

0 Likes
djzaxon
Adept I

This issues happen when i go to inventory and the back to the game this texture bug happen.

0 Likes
tonyturbo78
Adept II

Hi.

Posted the same issues here about a month ago in another thread.  Just been messing today and turning on HBCC fixes the texture bugs for me

Conan Exiles, 18.6.1 possible texture flickering bug on Vega 64/56 (HBCC) - YouTube

0 Likes

Unfortunately I don't have that option in my settings.

0 Likes
pshivers
Journeyman III

why isn't the video showing??

2018 07 08 23 26 01 - YouTube

0 Likes
leeux
Journeyman III

Hey there, I just registered there to be able to post my info about this issue.

Here's my System Information as copied from Radeon Settings (didn't find a way in the editor tools to collapse this text, sorry):

Overview:

Radeon Software Version - 18.6.1

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series

Memory Size - 3072 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 925 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 24 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz

Software:

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0607.712.11137

Driver Packaging Version - 18.10.21.01-180607a-329760E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01334

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13521

OpenCL™ Version - 24.20.11021.1000

AMD Mantle Version - Not Available

AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available

AMD Audio Driver Version - 7.12.0.7727

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.33

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.73

Hardware:

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series

Device ID - 6798

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 3212

SubSystem Vendor ID - 1682

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16

BIOS Version - 015.022.000.004

BIOS Part Number - 113-797ATDFV33_111215SZ

BIOS Date - 2012/07/15 22:50

Memory Size - 3072 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Memory Clock - 1375 MHz

Core Clock - 925 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 264 GByte/s

Memory Bit Rate - 5.50 Gbps

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Here's how it looks for me:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/948454511079451002/D058714090524A7A9F530CED1901269AF82D8989/

What you're seeing in the image, is the interior area of the object bleeding through the other textures.

It happens with everything that has a glow map (or so I assume) because anything that has a glowing effect shows through any objects standing in between like they were translucent.

This issue started happening after upgrading from Radeon 18.4.x to 18.5.1, and continued happening through the subsequent updates.

We've reported this issue to the game maker, but since rollbacking the drivers solves the issue, it doesn't seem (at least at first) to be something that they can fix.

The game runs on Unreal Engine 4, one of the last versions of that line, IIRC it was 4.18, or so I think.

I'm gonna try to capture the issue on video and add it here to this post, because that bleed image flickers over time.

This is the original issue that the game had before last update... but after last update it became much worst, to the point I personally haven't updated and I'm still playing an old build myself so cannot show the new glitches.

But basically, trying to describe in words, is... ANY solid object that is placed between your character (the camera) and the sky box, is translucent and the sky bleeds though it. That's what the image posted by djzaxon​ is showing.

If you pay attention to the third image, you can see a tree outline against the sky, and the tree is completely invisible because the sky bleeded out right through it.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any action you can take, and hope we can get this fixed sometime in the future, so people don't have to rollback drivers to keep playing the game

EDIT:

Here's the video showing the original effect in-game:

Conan Exiles Transparency Glitch with AMD cards + Radeon Drivers greater than 18.4 - YouTube

Best regards,

@Leeux

0 Likes

In addition to these problems, AMD has shown no love to Conan Exiles. Not only do AMD cards have this transparent bug. But AMD cards are performing infinitely worse than their nvidia counter parts. Fury X is performing like a Geforce 780 Vega 64 is performing like a Geforce 980 ti. Something is terribly wrong. But since the game isn't popular, then it will probably stay that way forever.

0 Likes

It's the 40th most played game on steam at the time I'm writing this post.  It is also one of the early unlocks for humble monthly this month so a TON of new players coming in with an even larger amount going to get the game on the 27th.  And if Funcom can get the bugs on their end fixed and AMD gets this driver thing ironed out then the player base will be seeing a massive upgrade very soon.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Try the new 18.7.1 driver.

djzaxon
Adept I

Have this issues with the 18.7.1 same nothing is fixed

20180708000811_1.jpg

goliath_corp
Journeyman III

I also registered to share that I am experiencing the same issues since Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1. 18.7.1 has not made any improvement.

The videos shared by @tonyturbo78 and @leeux are representative of my issues. These can be described as:

- texture bleedthrough as per @leeux's post and

- weather transparency issues, causing distant textures (trees, skybox) to intermittently flash as pure white textures. Areas that I particularly notice these are in the forested areas to the north and in the jungle areas to the east.

My setup: Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB, i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

0 Likes

I'm getting the tree flashing as well. I'm using an R9 390 8gb by Powercolor. 18.7.1 AMD drivers on Windows 10 64 bit. 16gb of system ram, i7 3770k, Asus z77 deluxe motherboard.

Also, I'm using a freesync LG 34UM61-P 34" 2560x1080 monitor at 75hz (which is the refresh rate it runs at when freesync is enabled) connected through HDMI.

0 Likes
ordinaryjosh
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have update to v18.7.1 and got the same flickering issue.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card As
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD RX 480 Asus Strix Rog 8gb OC
  • Desktop or Laptop System
  • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit Home
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software 18.7.1
  • Display Devices
  • CPU/APU
    • I7 7700k
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Textures flickering in the northern biomes (Conan Exiles)Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings : High
  • Link to youtube video and DxDiag are listed below

Flickering AMD Asus Rog Stric 8Gb OC - YouTube
(Video sample)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11K9ItJgwjmeVLHGF6w6NHNQc95UEPOfL

DxDiag.txt ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

0 Likes
crayraven
Elite

Even though its not stated in the patch notes 18.8.1 fixes the issues in conan exiles. Lighting effects no longer make objects transparent!

djzaxon
Adept I

it not make Lighting effects no longer objects transparent! with the 18.8.1 driver.

goliath_corp
Journeyman III

I can also report that 18.8.1 has resolved the issue with lights shining through objects and the issue with flickering textures in the northern woods and eastern jungle areas when weather effects are in play. Please pass on many thanks to the driver team!

Fixed for me as well in 18.8.1 . Thank you AMD and thank you everyone who sent in bug reports.

Thanks for confirming folks.

0 Likes