cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Slingshot1905
Journeyman III

Computer Reset battlefield 2042

So like many of you I'm having issues with battlefield 2042, but my issue might be a little different. I have a Power Color Red Devil 5700XT card. When I play the game I get anywhere from instant to 30 mins of play time and my computer will just randomly reset. This is the only time I have ever had this problem. It doesn't trip anything in AMD software, it just resets the pc and I'm back to my login page.  I've monitored all my temps and stuff and nothing is out of normal specs. The only thing i saw today was with settings on low or high is that my VRAM was hanging in the 4 to 5GB range and my Ram was anywhere from 9 to 15Gb (I have 32GB of ram) so I'm at a loss and can only caulk it up to a problem with the game. My drivers are up to date and I've tried several different ones to make sure it wasn't only on the new drivers.... yet here I am.  I haven't gotten the DirectX error just a restart.. I've play all the previous battlefield and never had an issue. I've tried other graphic intensive games with no issue.. anyways just curious if anyone else was having my same issue... Here's hoping battlefield gets there stuff together...

thanks for any help or suggestions.... 

saw on twitter they are putting out a day 1 patch on Friday so maybe that will help ….. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mateus_OE
Journeyman III

Dude I have the exact same graphics card and I'm having the exact same problem as you discribed with BF 2042.

After 30 minutos or so of playing my PC simply reboots itself. BF 2042 is the only games where this is happening, not even Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that is an absurdly complex simulation does this.

Hope someone hear us 'cause i'm feeling afraid of killing my machine if this continues.

0 Likes

the red deveil 5700x is an awful card full of bugs that never got sorted...you need to install drivers perfectly by removing the old ones..perfectly..and i mean perfectly..even then its luck..sell it

0 Likes