cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

outspark44
Adept II

Computer Crashing Since Installing 5700 XT

Hi, i been watching some video to help cool off the graphic card and I try undervolt my GPU and it works but one issue I had is my computer crash twice on me and, I did a DDU I believe that what it called and reinstall the driver back and everything was fine but I crash for the 3rd time without making any change so idk what i should try next for anyone recommendation? 

0 Likes
49 Replies
dezi
Adept II

3700x

5700xt 50th AE

16g 3200 gskill

I have the exact same problem Fortnite seems to do it the most and to fix it until better drivers come out its to bring down the max clock speed of your GPU.  Right click on your desktop, open you Radeon settings, then the gaming tab in top left corner, Global settings, then Global WattMan. In there you can adjust you GPU Frequency from automatic to manual and you want to bring the max clock speed down to about 1800ish give or take and then apply and you should be all set. After trying everything for the last month this is the only fix i can seem to make it happen and this happens to other games to. Give that a shot and hopes it helps you guys out 

0 Likes

that didn't work it keep giving me blue screen

0 Likes
outspark44
Adept II

What graphic card i should look out for because my Previous one was Xfx radeon 560 4 gb

0 Likes
outspark44
Adept II

i still keep getting blue screen of death

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

A good PSU does not drop 12V for GPU and GPU can be working with undervolting with such a PSU. With a software such as HWiNFO, monitor GPU 12V values when the GPU and CPU load.

0 Likes

I don't know what I'm doing I'm new to pc terms and stuff so I won't understand any of this

0 Likes

No problem. Download and run OverdriveNTool. Reset all settings. And then can you send me a picture of this program? Can you also specify your PSU and CPU?

0 Likes

Um... what one to download 

0 Likes

OverdriveNTool. This software can change all clock speeds of the graphics card and display these values properly.

0 Likes

Also my CPU is Ryzen 5 1500X and my PSU is 750W corsair CXM 

0 Likes

20190902_142137.jpg

0 Likes

Can you make these changes and apply them?
First, click Reset.
P1 1442>1442 820>900
P2 2084>1984 1201>1150

Then, click Apply.
Lowering the speeds a little bit might solve the problem. 

0 Likes

On the gpu side?

0 Likes

Left. 

0 Likes

Also set Maximum speed value to 1984. Your Wattman is different.

0 Likes

20190902_142137.jpg
These changes may reduce your error.

0 Likes

The 1984 isn't applying for me

0 Likes

Apply the changes one by one.

0 Likes

Everytime i apply it switch back to 2084

0 Likes

Only change it on P2 settings.

0 Likes

Is there going to be another 5700 i should look at?

0 Likes

No. Restart the computer and try to set core speed in P2 settings to 1984. You must be able to make this change. The changes I mentioned will make the graphics card work more stable than it is. And it can reduce your problems.

0 Likes

Try 1950 if the changes don't happen. Or a close value.

0 Likes

Maybe the program is not compatible for the new series. Try making the changes I specified with the Radeon Settings software.

0 Likes

That didn't work

0 Likes
dezi
Adept II

if still haveing problems also try to bring up the Min clock to 1600 and lower the max clock 1900 or 1800. I had to do that with this last Dirver update. I set min clock to 1600 and max to 1860 and have been stable since last night across games 

0 Likes

On the radeon software?

0 Likes
dezi
Adept II

Right click your desk top and click Radeon settings, Click Gaming in top left corner, Click Global Settings then Global Wattman and ok for the disclamer. Once in there scroll down to Frequency/Voltage and set it to manual. Once in there you can set the min and max clock speeds buy the slider or typeing them in the two locations under the chart. just for starts set the one on the right to 1800 and the one on the left to 1600 and then click apply. Try that to see if your stable and if you are you can bring up you max clock speed.

0 Likes

My computer just crash trying that

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Right click on desktop and run AMD Radeon Settings software.
Gaming > Global Settings > Global WattMan 
Click Reset button.

Then,
Make manual to Frequency and Voltage Control
Set the value that you see to 1985 for Frequency in 2084. Or set close a different value.
Set the value that you see to 900 for Voltage Control in 820.

Set the value that you see to 1150 for Voltage Control in 1201.
Then Apply button.
Good luck...

0 Likes

What you mean by volt control 

0 Likes

Capture.PNG
Adjust WattMan settings manually and try to apply voltages and frequency changes I have wrote.

0 Likes

I had to change it so i did try that and so far 4 games didn't crash and my website didn't crash at all but i kinda noticed alittle lag or frame drop

0 Likes

I think your graphics card is not damaged and AMD is introducing these cards at slightly faster speeds, and with driver updates, this problems are not going to be solved easily. The settings I wrote increase the stabilization.

0 Likes

So it's only temporary

0 Likes

I try to tell that you cannot use this graphics card without slowing. Or you expect a driver update. Unfortunately, this is the case.

0 Likes

With this information, you may request a refund of your product.
"you cannot use this graphics card without slowing"

0 Likes

In short, I'm trying to say:
No one who buys these graphics cards has to know Wattman.
Good luck...

0 Likes
dezi
Adept II

dam sry man trying to help havent had that happen my self. right now im min 1601 and max 1841 and it seems to do the trick. ill put a pic of my settings20190902_155733.jpg

0 Likes