Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

modmyth
Adept I

Computer Crashes

Hello,

I built my own gaming desktop PC using Logical Increments recommendations. It should be rocking, but it crashes when I play games, like the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY edition. When I play a game, after maybe 1/2 hour to 2 hours, I get the black screen of death. Sometimes a loud electric buzzing sound. And I cannot get back to the desktop. I have to hard shut it down. I have messed with the drivers. With the full screen vs. windowed mode. Page file size. Monitor Hz. I have updated the drivers. And the Windows 10 Pro updates have been done.

I mention what is happening to the temperatures at the bottom of this wall of text (my apologies).

I should note that sometimes at the get go, when I enter a game, there are 4 to 5 ping sounds. But this does not happen all the time.

Specs:

OS               Windows 10 Pro

GPU            XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT

CPU            AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X

HSF             be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Mobo          ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s

ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM           G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)  

Boot Drive   WD Green 120GB PC SSD - SATA III 

HDD            WD RE4 WD2003FYYS 2TB

SSD             Intel Solid State Drive (SSD)

PSU             EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3

Optical Drive      Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal

So I am thinking about taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together again and check whether I placed things in the wrong places. Or maybe I bent or broke something in the process.

Here is the latest. I have been trying to monitor the temperatures. I have 2 free programs that measure the GPU temperature. And they tell me that it is around 38 to 40. AMD Ryzen Master tells me 27 to 45. But the very software that the drivers are bundled in with that AMD makes, the AMD Adrenaline 2020 told me last night that the temperature is at 95. Both current and junction temperatures at 95 degrees. How can this be? Have I not done something to the settings? And what software should I trust?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Juan Gonzalez

0 Likes
2 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You may trust OCCT CPU-GPU-PSU tests.

0 Likes

Thanks. I will give that a try.

I've been reading the notes on this last Adenaline version and it seems that my particular GPU has some issues with the software.

I may just reset the entire machine and begin fro the beginning.

If anyone else out there has other ideas, please do let me know.

Thanks again,

Juan

0 Likes