cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ktrjkloo
Journeyman III

Computer crashes on driver install.

My computer crashes and restarts into auto repair mode whenever i try downloading any of the RX 5600 XT Amd Drivers. It would load to 60-70%, a device disconnect sound will play and the screen goes black before restarting into the auto repair loop. I would system restore to a point before i installed the driver and only then can I boot the computer again. Once restored, the display adapter is listed as just the microsoft basic display adapter in the device manager. Booting into safe mode and uninstalling the drivers will also allow me to boot the computer.

I tried downloading various versions of the drivers, but all result in the same outcome. I used DDU to uninstall existing drivers before installing the amd drivers, but the result is the same everytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5DbQO4W1UA

what i experience is the same as in this video i found on youtube.

Is there anything i can do to solve this? Please help.

If possible, do point me to relevant forum posts that might be helpful as well. 

Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash ON INSTALL (UPDATED May 13 2019) FINALLY SOLVED  

This post is rather similar to my experience, however I'm unable to solve mine doing what he did as the latest version of AMD drivers for the RX 5600 XT is the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 .

0 Likes
0 Replies