Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

set111
Newcomer

Compute shader issue/discrepancy with vega (56, 64, VII) GPUs only

Hello.

I am the developer of Chroma Lab Chroma Lab on Steam, a game/toy made in Unity that uses compute shaders for a custom fluid simulation (the main feature).  Several customers with vega based GPUs have been having issues with the simulation not running correctly: Orbs not flowing in the room :: Chroma Lab General Discussions 

The problem appears to be least one of the compute kernels produces different results for vega compared to other GPUs.  I think this is memory related rather than compute but may be wrong.

This only affects vega based GPUs, I know it works correctly with polaris and earlier based AMD architectures so I am thinking it is likely a driver or even hardware issue specific to vega unless I made a mistake somewhere that has only surfaced with vega.  They have used up to date drivers.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated.  Unfortunately the only information is in the thread above and I do not have a vega based GPU to test it with so cannot reproduce the issue.

Let me know if you need any information or a copy of the game (the simulation can run without VR).

Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

This is a user to user forum.

Contact AMD directly or maybe try Devgurus

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

This is a user to user forum.

Contact AMD directly or maybe try Devgurus

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes