cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CompuBench 2.0 Subsurface Scattering and Subsurface Scattering Multiple View broken on AMD GPUs.

CompuBench 2.0 Subsurface Scattering and Subsurface Scattering Multiple View is broken on AMD GPUs.

The test is broken on various AMD GPUs when run in standard Compubench 2.0 test sequence.

Do not believe the results. 

OpenCL seems to be in a mess on AMD GPU and Drivers. 

Tested on
RX5700XT    - Fails. 
RX Vega 64  - Fails. 
RX Vega 56 - Fails. 
RX590          - Passes. 
Radeon Pro DUO (Fiji) = Passes. 

Adrenalin 20.11.3 driver.  

6 Replies

I would post some pictures ... but well, you know. 

I cannot.

0 Likes

I know you don't like using the Bug Report tool because of the information gathering. I still have not heard any traction on getting the Picture situation fixed. @Sam_AMD  any word on this pic limit getting fixed.

I would make sure to send your findings you just posted to AMD support ( https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form )  and maybe they pass it to driver development. We both know that nobody from AMD will se it here.

Or over on the team red side, at least some AMD employees actually participate over there but not here for some reason, other than Matt, Ray and FSAdough of course. 

As usual thanks for sharing your findings. The stuff you test helps a lot of users know it isn't just an issue for them. 

0 Likes

RE: I know you don't like using the Bug Report tool because of the information gathering.
I cannot use it, not just "don't like". 

I am fine using a Web Based form or the Bug Reporting tool if I could trust that tha  Data Trawl was removed.

0 Likes

I was only pointing to share via other means as you already posted in another thread the online form isn't working and as you said you can't use the one in Radeon Settings. So in essence you are very much limiting the chance anyone at AMD who can do anything about it actually sees your efforts to point out the problem.

0 Likes

RE "So in essence you are very much limiting the chance anyone at AMD who can do anything about it "

No 

AMD are forcing a Data Trawl on their Users so it is AMD who lose out. 

I don't think they care about OpenCL anyhow to be honest.
Nvidia oftem beat AMD in OpenCL these days.
That says alot to me. 

0 Likes

I hear you man really. I hate these system gathering tools that take way more data than necessary myself. I do a lot to disable telemetry. I personally think you should have to opt in to this stuff not out. Also once you opt out they should not be able to opt you back in with every update they do. 

0 Likes