Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eliottu
Adept I

Compatibility problem Nvidia Geforce Game ready and Amd Adrenaline

Hi ! 

Recently i build a new PC. I've got an Ryzen 5 2400G on a Asrock B450M Steal Legend. 

I've a Zotac RTX 3050 OC Lhr. I have to dowload Drivers from Nvidia called Nvidia Game Ready. But few hours ago, i did an update of this Driver V : 516.40. 

My AMD sofware Adrenaline Edition, pop up my the Text that, there's a uncompatibility beetween my Graphics Card drivers and Amd one. 

I errased all the files from Adrenaline and I unistall it and reinstall it. 

When i start a game, like Rocket League, few minutes after, it Cut it and all my starter App and Nvidia REBOOT. 

I've no Idea what to do. Can the Amd Community help me ? 

1 Solution
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I think he has both considering his CPU is a Ryzen APU. I honestly would uninstall the AMD drivers and leave it alone.

Nvidia and AMD do have compatibility issues. 

Use DDU or the AMD Cleanup Utility and remove all AMD drivers as well as Nvidia besides the chipset, and install Geforce drivers and try. Make sure you are plugging the display into the GPU.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

May I ask why you are installing AMD Adrenalin Edition on an Nvidia graphics card?

I am surprised that it would even let you do that.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I think he has both considering his CPU is a Ryzen APU. I honestly would uninstall the AMD drivers and leave it alone.

Nvidia and AMD do have compatibility issues. 

Use DDU or the AMD Cleanup Utility and remove all AMD drivers as well as Nvidia besides the chipset, and install Geforce drivers and try. Make sure you are plugging the display into the GPU.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

thx mate ! i do the AMD clean up. i scared myself when the without failure run but i reboot and it done. I wish and i've faith in this way. I've another quastion : do i have to considers my GPU as my only Graphics solution ? and if yes how i can switch the priority or how i can take down the APU ? 

0 Likes

Yup. Used to be that AMD considered both CPU and GPU for OpenCL. In recent versions, they have even dropped CPU.

For hardware graphics use the GPUs. CPUs can only do software rendering - very slow:(

I dunno what APU is:(

0 Likes

it's a strange think, i admise. Fun fact, i played just with my processor and without GPU. Maybe it can explain why i got Adrenaline. Thank you Btw for your Answers mate ! 

0 Likes