cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Souno
Journeyman III

Colors inverted in Full - Screen.

If I play a game or do somethink in Full Screen the color be inverted. Black and White are Normal.

I have installed the AMD Driver 20min Ago before I had only the catalyst control center. I never had a problem like this and hope that this is only a wrong setting. 

8 Replies
liandri
Journeyman III

Re: Colors inverted in Full - Screen.

Same problem here (R290X card), and I highly suspect this is an issue of a new driver. My previous driver was 19.10.2 and it did not have such problem. Upgraded to 20.12.1 and here I am.

First, I'm 100% sure this is an AMD problem, and not some kind of Windows issue or whatever.

Second, I must note that I only see this color issue in non-exclusive fullscreen games. In other words, the issue is present in borderless fullscreen games, and only in Unity engine. I've tried a couple of other games that support Borderless mode and didn't see the issue.

I suggest you to check if your game is in Borderless mode. E.g. you can try switching in and out of it with Alt+Tab and see if there is any blinking happens. Also check out a huge list of games that support Borderless mode - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_borderless_fullscreen_windowed

The latest game with this issue for me is https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096100/Skellboy_Refractured/ - you can try the demo to see if you have this issue. That would mean there are at least two of us with this problem.

I'd really like this to be fixed somehow. There is this thread with a certain proposed workaround https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/colors-inverted/td-p/245522 but sadly it won't work for me since I'm on Windows 8.1, and it doesn't have the "disable fullscreen optimization" compatibility option...

In the mean time I'll send a report using the AMD tool supplied with the driver.

Please let me know if you find some other solution, or if you find the exact driver version that started this bug.

0 Likes
Reverie_
Journeyman III

anyone know how to fix this

0 Likes
Jayknowstheway
Journeyman III

I have the same problem also. I’m running a AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5. If I attempt to play ATS or Roblox in fullscreen I get the inverted colors. If I take them out of full screen, the colors are fine in the game, but now inverted for the computer itself. In Minecraft, I don’t even have to deal with the problem. Any fixes? Updated the drivers, nothing new. 

0 Likes
N4TG
Journeyman III

I got AMD RADEON R7 and still got this absurd problem..... I tried reporting but got nothin yet

0 Likes
BoomBlaster
Adept I

same

0 Likes
Turbine
Journeyman III

Are you running a Windows Insiders release?

I have the same issue on a Nvidia 1080, and it's due to me running this release.

0 Likes
BoomBlaster
Adept I

i think i found a solution. try disable fullscreen optimizations and enable run this program as administrator. i think its not work on any game because i have test in roblox, etc. and i hope it works for you guys

0 Likes
eleanora33
Journeyman III

May be a mistake, don't worry.

Antminer universal chip fixture test fixture can quickly, accurately and efficiently locate defective chips, and greatly reduce inspection time. Moreover, the Antminer test fixture is easier to use and has more stable performance. This is an indispensable tool to quickly repair the hash board.

0 Likes