cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jyfu
Journeyman III

color depth option not exist

I have a 8 bit display that thinks itself 6bit. When i install radeon driver it became 6 bit, when uninstall radeon driver it works 8bit. Problem is that there is no color depth option in the driver app. I need this option in order to make my display work 8bit. Please investigate this.

0 Likes
4 Replies
seto
Adept II

Go to the Device Manager and double check what driver the monitor is using. Check to see if the manufacturer has a specific driver for your monitor. MS usually uses a generic monitor driver  and its up to the end user to install/use the manufacturer's version

0 Likes
jyfu
Journeyman III

I did installed display driver nothning changed. Early radeon driver had color depth choice. Now no. I want color depth choice back.

0 Likes

Are there any monitor limitations for using 8 bit color? Such as having to lower the refresh rate or anything? My monitor supports 10 bit color, but only if I run with 100 hz refresh and with the latest AMD Drivers, with no freesync (so with vsync on).

0 Likes
jyfu
Journeyman III

Display has probably false programmed EDID. But if i could choose then i thought it will be fine. Please AMD make it happen.

0 Likes