cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elstaci
MVP

Re: CODE 43 PLEASE HELP

I was at another forum where a similar problem was occurring with code 43.  Turns out the poster purchased a certain GPU card from Amazon Warehouse. Turned out the card that was sent to him was a different GPU card with the Cowl (Heatsink cover and fan) with the correct GPU he wanted. So basically the poster was trying to install the wrong gpu driver for the wrong GPU card thus getting a code 43. He send it back and received a correct GPU card that wasn't fraudulent. The GPU drivers installed without a problem.

So it is important to know where the card was purchased from. The Radeon RX 560 doesn't have any GPU power connectors.

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

Thx eIstaci, I wasn't too sure after I posted that (RX560 Power) but didn't get a chance to double check, no need since you beat me to it!  Thanks for the correction!

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

OP has 560, gemini001 has vega64.

Don't understand why both gemini001 prwreports show win8 (dual boot or trying to install win10 graphics drivers to win8 OS ?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
gemini002
Adept III

Ya thats odd seeing how im on win10.. I think its the card tried everything.. Man Vega is a bust too bad cause card was beating my gtx 1080 slightly in some benches. Sending this card back. I have one more rig I will try it in..

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

I hadn't noticed.  Let me review it further right now...

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

Did you upgrade this system from 8 to windows 10 at some point, I mean Ryzen is after 8, but wondering if you had done this for licensing purposes if your digital license was stuck in your last mobo or something.  Using 8 to get to 10 through "Entitlement" is the only path for some, without having to pay of course.

Also the Nvidia device via USB for Audio, what is that?  Also AuraRGB sometimes I have to have it uninstalled BEFORE I change AMD drivers, it seems like sometimes it interferes with installation.  I have a STRIX-ROG-RX480-8OC, the Aura works fine, but after I install drivers first.

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

Oh yeah and also,

1. Your MOBO BIOS is out of date, there are significant changes for your board.  It is reporting 3.0, they are on 3.2 with major changes to AGESA and other video related items since 3.1  You really should update as AGESA is extremely important, and may be an issue as they restructured IOMMU and other hardware enumeration issues.  Here is the link for the WINDOWS Installation which requires 3.0 which you should be on, if you'd rather do instant flash through USB and UEFI select the second link:

WINDOWS FLASH:  http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/AM4/X370%20Killer%20SLI(3.20)WIN.zip

UEFI FLASH ALTERNATIVE: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/AM4/X370%20Killer%20SLI(3.20)ROM.zip

2. Do you have all your chipset drivers in place?  I like to use the chipset package on my AMD systems rather than letting the general installer do it, it seems to work better, but I could be wrong.  Here are the latest drivers:  Chipset

3.  Can't really see anything else, your GPU BIOS seems current as there are no updates on Powercolor site for it. 

There is a report that would be more fruitful if you were willing to run it:

a. Windows+R keys

b. enter "perfmon" without the quotes

c. once Perfmon is loaded, select/expand "Data Collector Sets"

d. Expand "System"

e. right click on "System Diagnostics" and Select "Start"

f. Expand "Reports" Tree item

g. Select "System" and expand

h. Find the report that is running, when you click on it/them if it is active it will show "Collecting Data for 60 Seconds"

I.  Once it is done, it will start building the report.

J. Go back to step "e" and instead start the System Performance Report then once that is done.. close the perfmon application.

Navigate to:  c:\Perflogs\system as in the image.  Then Highlight both folders, right click, click "Send To" select "Compressed Archive/ZIP", be sure that perfmon is closed first however.  Once the archive is made, please send that over for analysis, I'll look at it as soon as possible.

pastedImage_8.png

Cheers!

Spikeypup

0 Kudos
gemini002
Adept III

No this rig was fresh install of win10

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

Very strange that it shows up like that in the PRW.  Not sure what to make of that to be honest.

0 Kudos
gemini002
Adept III

I updated my MOBO but the card worked before this is not the issue..  also updated chipset drivers I picked up another card so first I will try this card again but I am pretty sure the card is a dud.

0 Kudos