cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

christiand356
Journeyman III

CODE 43 PLEASE HELP

I have radeon 560 graphics card in my pc, i try to install drivers and they dont work when they are done intstalling i get Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) and when i try to open radeon settings i get this. in both pictures this is what i get anyone know how to fix?pastedImage_0.png

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
gemini002
Adept III

Re: CODE 43 PLEASE HELP

Same thing just happened with my Vega 64...

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
gemini002
Adept III

Windows 10 latest updates

x370 Asrock killer sli

16 gb ram 3066

Ryzen 1700

750 PSu corsair gold

Vega 64 powercolor

DDU several times.Also amd uninstall utility several times. Tried all drivers same issue

I did a bug report

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

All those NVidia drivers ?. Shutdown your mining for updating the driver ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
spikeypup
Elite

I agree with Goodplay, your first stop is to uninstall all the Nvidia stuff if possible, the report doesn't show whether you have Nvidia HW installed or not, so if you don't, definitely uninstall all of that stuff, and I'd run DDU and set it for Nvidia Uninstallation, then also do an AMD removal as well.  Then try to do a clean install with the AMD driver package you downloaded.  Let us know how it goes!  The mining software you have should be OK, but I definitely would not run GETH while trying to install the driver package.

Cheers, hope you can get it working, let us know!

Spikeypup

0 Kudos
gemini002
Adept III

So I tried this card in another rig same problem.. This rig I did have a GTX 1080 I took it out and uninstalled Nvidia completly. Same thing error 43 and when I try to open radeon it says Radeon settings are currently Not unavailable please try again after connecting AMD graphics

0 Kudos
spikeypup
Elite

Hmmm interesting.  Was this 560 used heavily for mining or purchased on the "used:" market by chance?  I'm wondering if it took a beating doing some mining and is now having issues of some sort,  have you tried a BIOS update/flash of this card?

spikeypup
Elite

Since you tried two different systems for this with the same result, that is why I'm thinking there may be an issue with the card itself hardware wise.  The only thing you can try to do is completely uninstall the drivers again, and allow windows to try to manually update the drivers with WHQL drivers from Windows Update, there is a possibility that your Windows DriverStore device drivers for Radeon are messed up, but on two different systems, that would be odd, unless you are doing something else that is possibly being replicated on the other system by way of how you are doing things.   Use the Device Manager to uninstall the video card, be sure to check the box that says "Uninstall Software/Drivers for This Device" and continue to uninstall the video device, whatever it appears to be until you just end up with the MS Basic Renderer device, and you can no longer click a box for uninstall software/drivers.  Once that is all done, restart the PC, check in device manager again the status and what device it is, right click on it, and click on Update Drivers and then "Search Automatically..." try to note whether it seems to be installing from a local driver, or if it is downloading them from Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes...Thanks!

Spikeypup

spikeypup
Elite

Geez I keep forgetting things and it won't let me edit posts for some reason, anyway, kind of a 101 question, but you do have the 6-pin power connector (possibly 8 pin depending on model) connected to the GPU card right?

0 Kudos