Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aghnaya
Newcomer

COD MW crash for AMD drivers issue

Hello everyone,

Since I'm really upset with my AMD GPU. I come here along to see if anybody can join this topic and make some pressure to fix it.

We all know, Nvidia have the big piece of the cake. I have heard, in some way, games use to play better in Nvidia GPU.

This time I test it by myself now...

My PC config:

I mainly have PC for download some videos, edit , browsing and play few games. Right now , only playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare. ( only playing at Battle Zone mode)

Call of duty MW.png

The problem:  

It crash.  Sometimes takes 5 minutes to crash, sometimes take 1 hour to crash, but it does, A LOT! 

I had test everything I could find relevant info @ internet. Nothing works. Finally, I was really upset and mad. And wanted to test another GPU. 

I bought , second hand, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. 

Guess what ... works perfectly fine, his performance it's a bit less, but man, you can play it without any worry ! 

Same PC, same directX version , everything same, less Nvidia and AMD drivers of course. I uninstall and install each one at his time. Uninstalle before unplug the GPU and ,  plugin new GPU and install new drivers. 

with this empiric test, without being and Engineer, I been test it's problem of AMD drivers.

Few notes;

of course I had check for the lasttest drivers. It's updated. Actual version 20.5.1  from 25/05/2020.

I know AMD Radeon Softwares app crash  because after game crash I tried to open the software and seems bugged, do not open rigth, also at bottom tray, next to Windows clock.  It appears multiple icons of Radeon Software. 

windows try appls.PNG

I hope you will join this thread if you have the same problem. Let's see if we are a good group and we can push for it to be fixed. 

Buy an AMD GPUsince theoretically for its price it was much better than the Nvidia.
But if I know that it gives so many problems, I would have invested a little more money. = (

Let me know your opinions. 

Regards from Spain.

---------------------------------------------

Updating ; 

Another problem, not important to me, does not catch the temperature of the GPU.

NO GPU  temp.jpg

Tray bug, after crash. Sometimes I see 3 icons there. ( always after a crash)

Tray radeon software bug.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
hardreset
Elite

I had a similar problem when I OC the RAM too much.
Check the stability of the computer e.g. with the OCCT program.
Unfortunately, the game still has a lot of bugs.
Take a look at the problems page of this game:
trello.com WarZone bugs

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
aghnaya
Newcomer

SOLVED!

Finally if some1 came to this post.  I found the solution.

I had to "underoverclock" main  processor of GPU.   Exactky  "  - 150 Mhz " underclock.png

Factory freq. processor it's:  1580 Mhz

0 Likes