Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Re: cnext.exe APPCRASH

Problem form sent. Just for comparison for others this is my message...

The instruction at 0x00007FFE1610F5EF referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read.

john007
Exemplar
Exemplar

Hello,

Just had the random crash at / Qt5Qml.dll?

Path at / cnext.exe

Wow AMD.

0 Kudos
gearsfanftw
Adept II
Adept II

any fix for this yet i sent a error report it freaked me out glad im not the only one

0 Kudos
sckhar
Adept I
Adept I

The same is happening to me, anytime I turn the PC off or restart it I get ths popup, it even prevents the PC from turning itself off or restarting if I don't click ok.

By the way, sorry for the photo from the screen instead of a screnshot, but on that screen windows won't let me screenshot.

WP_20151126_00_30_00_Pro.jpg

0 Kudos
backFireX64
Forerunner
Forerunner

That .dll error message should mean that you don't have the needed visual c++ redistributable (versions spanning 2005-2015) installed yet, or that it is corrupted.

backFireX64
Forerunner
Forerunner

For .dll issues, try using ccleaner to clean files & registry from leftover/ corrupted/ conflicting entries.

Then try clean installing the software/ drivers again with the internet connection disabled.

0 Kudos
pozzo2014
Adept II
Adept II

Exact same problem here. To boot, it hung trying to uninstall, thrice (each component uninstalling partially or fully then hanging). Ran AMD Uninstall tool, ran registry cleaner, diasbled AV, internet...reinstalled and voila​ the same appcrash while shutting down (sometimes even while working casually) !

0 Kudos
pozzo2014
Adept II
Adept II

No use. Did it. AMD people Please Fix This already.

0 Kudos
undying
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Only way i stoped the error atm is  setting CNext.exe to run as administrator. You can also try :

navigate to the folder

C:/Program Files/AMD/CNext/CNext

Right click on the CNext.exe file and go to properties. Under the security tab make sure all the permissions are set to allow under all groups/users listed. I did this and SO FAR have not had any more issues with the CNext.exe error popping up at restart/shutdown.

0 Kudos
pozzo2014
Adept II
Adept II

It also seems there are other problems for people including artifacts, screen flickering and overclocking problems. AMD should release a hotfix very soon, otherwise this is a setback instead of a huge improvement (like it was supposed to be).