cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mofuyu
Adept I

(CLOSED) Variety of bugs found on RX 5600 XT so far...

* GPU: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Gaming OC (patched with BIOS version F2, i think it's for stability but error still happens)

* Every drivers has been updated to the latest version and dxdiag file will be attached along with error images.

1. Black screen or Crashes

- It happens occasionally, but mostly on Division 2 (My friend is using Nvidia card but didn't crash so far, so i think it's not the problem of the game)

2. Blue screen (image will be attached)

- This issue occur only when I share my screen on Discord or browsing on Chrome.

is there any way to prevent these problems? or all I can do is waiting for patch? thanks for reading.

Update

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) Blue Screen will still occur even when I browse Facebook or do nothing. (PC freeze and then Blue screen error pop out)

FIX:

1. Close Hardware Acceleration on every software. (Like: Discord, Google Chrome)

2. Update the driver to the latest version

76 Replies

ngals wrote:

I've got an XT 5600XT and I have same issues than you. Even by re installating Windows 10, still have issues. All games hangs, something after only 5 mn sometimes after 1 hour. I am in IT so tried a lot of things but noting work. The last drivers seems to be more for 5700 problem but not for 5600. I very disappointed Try also to change with an 2060 because it is not possible to use it right now

have you installed the latest BIOS for your rig?

0 Likes

Did you revert back to the original BIOS? This solved my issues.

Can someone from AMD please acknowledge that some RX 5600 XT's are not stable with the new bios releases? Or if they do, explain what's still going on?

0 Likes
ngals
Adept I

I did. For the motherboard(x570) in F11 and the Gigabyte 5600xt (FA0 and F2 tested). Rig all new.

0 Likes
ngals
Adept I

I tried the 2 Bios available on the Gigabyte website. But not better in 150 or 180W

0 Likes

I tried so many combinations, last resort was to swap it as i did (yes restored shipped BIOS still same crashing)

0 Likes
ngals
Adept I

Test F1 2019 yesterday. Reboot in mid game after 30 minutes. Retry old Bios (with check that it is the F2 ) and play during 4 hours. It drive me crazy! test again this evening we will see before searching for an 2060

0 Likes
chsphr
Journeyman III

Hello everyone 

I ve bought this GPU this month and unfortunally im with several problems.

Updated chipset drivers, update amd drivers, bios V2 installed...crashes, bsod, black screens....a totally mess.

Manage to put "old" bios on GPU, but my problems still persists. Decided to use old drivers (chipset and gpu) and with old drivers this got better and been able to play a little bit of CS GO, didnt crash...but with these settings i m dissapointed with the performance, for this a Nvidea 1660 super do the same and its more cheaper and less headache...

Anyone have one GPU that works without issues?!

0 Likes

Please try to 

Set Power Limit to -10 percent. 

It may help you.

0 Likes
swirf
Journeyman III

SWIRF TV fixes 5600 xt blue screen of death / video tdr failure / amd radeon adrenalin , no crashes ... 

here is a video outlining the following steps i took to fix my issues with  the 5600 xt, no crashes after 4 days

do this, i had zero crashes after 4 days so far

( i do not guarantee this will work for you,

this worked for me using:
gigabyte 5600 xt gaming oc 6g , with FA0 bios
msi mpg x570 gaming plus (newest bios)
ryzen 5 3600 (@4.3 ghz)
corsair vengeance rgb pro 32 GB (16 x 2 ) (@3600 mhz)

windows 10 ( dont think home / pro / build number makes a diff here, microsoft isnt to blame (this time)

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS, DAMAGE, ETC.

1. uninstall radeon software (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 2)
2. run amd clean up utility (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 3)
3. boot windows into safe mode with networking (hold shift while clicking reboot in windows)
4. download and install display driver uninstaller
5. uninstall all gpu stuff and chipset stuff , using ddu , (display driver uninstaller)
6. reboot
7. check device manager, make sure display adapter says generic device, if not repeat steps 1 - 6

8. download amd chipset drivers directly from amd, selecting the appropriate categories (for AMD CPU users,,,, (((i would imagine the same would hold true for intel cpus),
                              ( i didnt use ones from my mobo manufacturer) 
9. install the latest correct chipset drivers only from amd, (intel for blue team) ( NO ADRENALIN OR GPU STUFF FROM AMD)

10. reboot
11. download adrenalin, unpack it, (( it will show a generic unzip progress bar, let it finish, when the fancy splash screen comes up that say "do you want to install adrenalin" "CLICK CLOSE / NO                            ****** DO NOT INSTALL ADRENALIN OR ANY AMD GPU SOFTWARE **** we are just unpacking it to get to the drivers
12. goto device manager right click on generic display driver, hit update driver 
                       > select "browse my computer for driver software"
                           > choose "let me pick from a list......"   
                                 > choose "have disk"
                                      > goto the folder that adrenalin unpacked to ussually c:\amd , im not sure what subfolder it is in, i think one that says adrenalin, either way locate C0353065.inf (i beleive there was a driver subfolder and like a win32 / win64 etc folders, choose the one appropriate for your system)   (this may differ slightly for diff versions in the future)  click ok, choose the top 5600 xt driver, click next, 

13. (this should install the driver without adrenalin, device manager should now say "5600 xt" under display adapters)
              >>>>>>>>>>> reboot

congratulations, no more crashes (AMD please fix your software or make it alot easier to install just the  drivers, nvidia doesnt force u to use geforce experience, cough , cough

14. can  over clock with asus gpu tweaker ii

0 Likes

Hi,  I have a 5600 XT (Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Windforce OC 6G) and I can't get the driver to start at all.  Device Driver Failed to Start pops up always.  I tried the above procedure, the same thing happens.  A couple of questions:

2020.2.2 has C0352369 & U0352369. 

2020.4.1 has C0353575 & U353575.

What is the difference between the C and U packages? 

Also, when selecting any of the packages above, windows presents 2 identical drivers, I have tried the upper and lower to same effect.  What is the difference between the two drivers?  Your instructions say to choose the top one, any particular reason?

So again when I do the install or reboot it always says "Device Driver Failed to Start".  If I got to event viewer, I always get something like:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_231D1458&REV_CA\6&39b38fd1&0&00000008 requires further installation.

This is the same using the above method or using the regular adrenaline install....

0 Likes

run the https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601    amd cleanup utility to remove all traces of any drivers you have tried then install the latest driver from https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5600-series/amd-radeon-rx-5600-series/amd-radeon-... and see if that helps resolve your issue

0 Likes

Uh yeah, I have done that several times.  I am currently writing from a super fresh win10 install, with literally no apps or anything except firefox.  "Device Driver Failed to Start" everytime.

0 Likes

do you have the most recent bios for your motherboard?
have you done anything with the vbios on the gpu?

does your motherboard support pci-e 4 x16 ?

did you install your chipset drivers from intel / amd , before installing the graphics driver?

as far as the differences in the driver files / both 5600 xt in the menu, i dont know. i only did as was shown in the video and it worked so i didnt mess with anything else, i am still using the driver from march, i havent messed with the newest april adrenalin drivers

i have never seen "device driver failed to start" on any device ive ever used, so i dont have much info on that specifically. as much info as you can provide about your hardware and software would help.

is there any more information in the windows event viewer regarding the driver failure?

0 Likes

In the extracted drivers folder;

2020.2.2 has C0352369 & U0352369. 

2020.4.1 has C0353575 & U353575.

Anybody know what are the differences between the C and U packages are? 

0 Likes
lexluther11
Journeyman III

I had the same problems and after trying different driver releases I have found one that works-

Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.11.1-Nov4

I only installed the driver not the Adrenalin software and then I installed the Asus GPU Tweak.ll. I have tested all day with no crashing so far.

0 Likes

How does a version of adrenalin work from before the 5600 XT came out. those drivers are from November 2019 and the 5600 XT came out in January of 2020

0 Likes
nitric
Journeyman III

Anyone having issues with older titles not using 100% of GPU but getting terrible performance? On older games ( dragon age inquisition, Witcher 2 so far) I'm using like 10-20% of GPU. While CPU is sitting around 20-28% I went back to my 580 and it's fine. Just 5600xt having issues. Using latest driver from AMD that was released in April. 

CPU: Core i7 9700k

GPU :  xfx 5600xt thicc 2

Ram :32 gigs hyper X ddr4 

750 watt psu 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

If you already do all of things but black screen and freeze still appear, you can try this method. It's working for me

Final solution to fix black screen and freeze without  down AMD software to 19.xx. (using MSI afterb... 

0 Likes

I have tried afterburner with the 5600 XT the fan curves don't work and the sensors don't read correctly so I have no faith that it is over or underclocking properly which is why I use Asus GPU tweak 2. Unless after burner had recently been updated

0 Likes
sgmatei
Adept I

Hi. I'm planning to buy an RX5600 XT in June. I'm wondering if the issues are solved right now.

0 Likes

nope

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

I bought this card one month ago knowning a lot about its issues and sudden crashes during games and other apps, but I picked on this one anyway due to its low power consumption and high performances. 

When I bought it I was using the February 28th drivers and there was frequent crashes and green screens during games and Chrome browsing. I had to switch the hardware acceleration on Chrome OFF to navigate a little longer.

Then the April 2nd drivers came out and game crashes disappeared, still the green screens during Chrome sessions were persisting.

Finally with the latest drivers of April 23th green screens on Chrome disappeared as well but as I turn the hardware acceleration ON I get crashes on Youtube videos so I have to switch it off again to make things work perfectly.

I think so far the biggest problem is the hardware acceleration option but as far as I know it changes nothing for me to have it on. I hope the next release will make this awesome card work great.

0 Likes

is your chrome install up to date and have you clean out the chrome cache?  Also try downloading the New chromium based edge browser and see if you have the issue on that browser? I not had the issue with YouTube videos on the new chromium edge browser.  Also make sure that your motherboard bios is up to date

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

Everything is up to date (Chrome, BIOS, cleared cache...), I tried Firefox and no problems at all. I think (and I read somewhere, here too by the way) that is an issue that afflicts the Chrome navigation but ONLY with hardware acceleration set to ON.

So far I can tell I'm satisfied with the progresses they made with drivers. Of course a VGA should be perfect and problem free since day 1 but it's a good compromise for what I got and the price I paid.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

Yesterday another green screen while performing a graphic test with Unigine Heaven. Today I had to switch the hardware acceleration ON in Chrome to make Google Earth work and forgot to switch it OFF again, had a freeze/restart while browsing the Gigabyte site.

Yet so much work to do with drivers...

0 Likes
peterson_petr
Journeyman III

Hello,

having R5 3600, MB MSI B450M-A PRO MAX, Gigabyte RX 5600 XT and 16GB 3600MHz (running at 3200Mhz though) and random screen freezing happens during gameplay. Does this accured to anyone here as well? (newest drivers, Chrome acceleration OFF, using Ryzen Master and Radeon Software to monitor stuff while gaming, no real pattern for freeze)  I am starting to wonder about motherboard being the fault here .. Thanks

0 Likes

I sometimes experience freezes during games, Chrome browsing with hardware acceleration ON and when I run graphic benchmarks with vga overcloked. I also have a Vega 56 and when I have it mounted on the mainboard everything goes smooth, none of the problems above happen. In my case I can certainly say it's 5600XT's fault.

0 Likes
gregor47
Journeyman III

Hola, Habia tenido ese mismo problema cuando adquirí la tarjeta gráfica tengo la RX 5600 XT 6GB GDDR6 THICC II, actualice la ultima BIOS apenas la instale y comencé a ejecutar Farcry 5, en el menú del juego no había ningún problema pero cuando comenzaba a cargar los gráficos del juego enseguida la pantalla se me tornaba negra y se bloqueaba el pc, aveces se reiniciaba el equipo, otras veces se cerraba el juego, encontré una pequeña alternativa, que disminuye el error mencionado, y es bajarle el core clock de 1780Mhz que estaba por defecto a por debajo de 1520-1510 Mhz, (lo hice con el Msi Afterburner), así fue que pude ejecutar todos los juegos con menos problemas,  lo que antes era imposible ya que se bloqueaba el equipo y se reiniciaba. espero que los que tengan este mismo problema les pueda a disminuir de igual manera este error que es muy molesto, la verdad estoy pensando en devolver la tarjeta a la tienda e irme por otra opción.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

It's been a couple of weeks since I keep experiencing blue screens and game crashes, the main problems afflict watching videos on YouTube and browsing with hardware acceleration ON (also tried to flash with latest BIOS that enhances the clock and mem speeds but it has been even worse). Today I uninstalled ATI drivers and tried to mount an old GTX750 Ti from my wife's desktop, everything ran smoothly for hours including YouTube videos so I can certainly say it all depends on the VGA.

I consider the RX5600XT the best video card ever, it's cheap, fast, silent, has a ridiculous power consumption and it heats up just a little...but at the moment it's too unstable. They released it too early just to fight against the RTX2060, if they'll make it in fixing all this issues they'll hit the jackpot. Till then better to look elsewhere.

wester
Adept II

It seems that with the new drivers a lot of problems have disappeared for me. Now everything seems going smoothly. No crashes or BSOD so far, neither with the max overclock and hardware acceleration ON.. 

I'll keep you up to date.

With the last one? From today?

0 Likes

Exactly.

texnochracy
Journeyman III

I’ve been dealing with driver issues since day one of this build and I’m 99.9 percent sure it has all been due to the graphics card - Gigabyte RX 5600 XT. Countless reinstallations of WIndows, drivers, etc. I have tickets into Gigabyte and have tried nearly everything I can think of.

its frustrating because the only two times I get BSOD are

1.) at cold boot - so always have to restart a second time, and

2.) starting any game.

For normal use everything is working fine so I just don't understand. This new build is a glorified overpowered ipad at this point only serving as a web browser, chat and spotify machine. I’m at wits end and don’t know where to go from here.

Windows 10 Edu

x570 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi (F11 Bios)

Ryzen 5 3600

Cracial Ballistix DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL 16

WD Black NVMe m.2 drive.

PSU is Cooler Master MWE 750

Gigabyte RX 5600 XT Gaming OC (F2 Bios)

Only using 1x 144hz monitor @1080p. With Freesync.

0 Likes
bakedpotatoret
Journeyman III

is this only happening on the gigabyte gaming oc card or others?

0 Likes

I only have the one so haven’t been able to test others.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

To be honest, I kept having BSOD in the last week (same message, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys)). I thought I got through with the new drivers but they only partially solved the issue. Of course I have much less blue screens since the day I bought the card in March but at last I decided not to live with the fear of sudden restarts.

I bought another card and now everything is perfect. Sorry to say that....

My (ex) card: Gigabyte OC Windforce RX5600XT

rvm_10
Adept I

Hi all, somebody can fix the problem?

0 Likes