cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wester
Adept II

Re: Variety of bugs found on RX 5600 XT so far...

I bought this card one month ago knowning a lot about its issues and sudden crashes during games and other apps, but I picked on this one anyway due to its low power consumption and high performances. 

When I bought it I was using the February 28th drivers and there was frequent crashes and green screens during games and Chrome browsing. I had to switch the hardware acceleration on Chrome OFF to navigate a little longer.

Then the April 2nd drivers came out and game crashes disappeared, still the green screens during Chrome sessions were persisting.

Finally with the latest drivers of April 23th green screens on Chrome disappeared as well but as I turn the hardware acceleration ON I get crashes on Youtube videos so I have to switch it off again to make things work perfectly.

I think so far the biggest problem is the hardware acceleration option but as far as I know it changes nothing for me to have it on. I hope the next release will make this awesome card work great.

0 Likes
liverpoolfanster
Journeyman III

is your chrome install up to date and have you clean out the chrome cache?  Also try downloading the New chromium based edge browser and see if you have the issue on that browser? I not had the issue with YouTube videos on the new chromium edge browser.  Also make sure that your motherboard bios is up to date

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

Everything is up to date (Chrome, BIOS, cleared cache...), I tried Firefox and no problems at all. I think (and I read somewhere, here too by the way) that is an issue that afflicts the Chrome navigation but ONLY with hardware acceleration set to ON.

So far I can tell I'm satisfied with the progresses they made with drivers. Of course a VGA should be perfect and problem free since day 1 but it's a good compromise for what I got and the price I paid.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

Yesterday another green screen while performing a graphic test with Unigine Heaven. Today I had to switch the hardware acceleration ON in Chrome to make Google Earth work and forgot to switch it OFF again, had a freeze/restart while browsing the Gigabyte site.

Yet so much work to do with drivers...

0 Likes
peterson_petr
Journeyman III

Hello,

having R5 3600, MB MSI B450M-A PRO MAX, Gigabyte RX 5600 XT and 16GB 3600MHz (running at 3200Mhz though) and random screen freezing happens during gameplay. Does this accured to anyone here as well? (newest drivers, Chrome acceleration OFF, using Ryzen Master and Radeon Software to monitor stuff while gaming, no real pattern for freeze)  I am starting to wonder about motherboard being the fault here .. Thanks

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

I sometimes experience freezes during games, Chrome browsing with hardware acceleration ON and when I run graphic benchmarks with vga overcloked. I also have a Vega 56 and when I have it mounted on the mainboard everything goes smooth, none of the problems above happen. In my case I can certainly say it's 5600XT's fault.

0 Likes
gregor47
Journeyman III

Hola, Habia tenido ese mismo problema cuando adquirí la tarjeta gráfica tengo la RX 5600 XT 6GB GDDR6 THICC II, actualice la ultima BIOS apenas la instale y comencé a ejecutar Farcry 5, en el menú del juego no había ningún problema pero cuando comenzaba a cargar los gráficos del juego enseguida la pantalla se me tornaba negra y se bloqueaba el pc, aveces se reiniciaba el equipo, otras veces se cerraba el juego, encontré una pequeña alternativa, que disminuye el error mencionado, y es bajarle el core clock de 1780Mhz que estaba por defecto a por debajo de 1520-1510 Mhz, (lo hice con el Msi Afterburner), así fue que pude ejecutar todos los juegos con menos problemas,  lo que antes era imposible ya que se bloqueaba el equipo y se reiniciaba. espero que los que tengan este mismo problema les pueda a disminuir de igual manera este error que es muy molesto, la verdad estoy pensando en devolver la tarjeta a la tienda e irme por otra opción.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

It's been a couple of weeks since I keep experiencing blue screens and game crashes, the main problems afflict watching videos on YouTube and browsing with hardware acceleration ON (also tried to flash with latest BIOS that enhances the clock and mem speeds but it has been even worse). Today I uninstalled ATI drivers and tried to mount an old GTX750 Ti from my wife's desktop, everything ran smoothly for hours including YouTube videos so I can certainly say it all depends on the VGA.

I consider the RX5600XT the best video card ever, it's cheap, fast, silent, has a ridiculous power consumption and it heats up just a little...but at the moment it's too unstable. They released it too early just to fight against the RTX2060, if they'll make it in fixing all this issues they'll hit the jackpot. Till then better to look elsewhere.

wester
Adept II

It seems that with the new drivers a lot of problems have disappeared for me. Now everything seems going smoothly. No crashes or BSOD so far, neither with the max overclock and hardware acceleration ON.. 

I'll keep you up to date.

ngals
Adept I

With the last one? From today?

0 Likes